Staub Cast-Iron Round Dutch Oven, 4-Qt., Cherry
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Earn $25 in reward dollars4 for every $500 spent on your Williams Sonoma Credit Card. Learn More
Cast iron’s unparalleled ability to retain heat makes this oven a great choice for slow cooking homemade chili or a hearty stew. Staub’s innovative enamel coating takes cooking with cast iron to the next level with improved performance, style and durability.
- Color selections feature glossy multi-coat enameling that ensures strength and heat resistance and creates a vibrantly colored “majolique” finish similar in appearance to fine ceramic for oven-to-table presentation.
- Matte Black selection features multi-coat enameling with low-gloss matte finish.
- Resistant to rust, chipping and cracking, the coating requires no additional seasoning like some other cast-iron pieces.
- The specially formulated black matte interior enamel of each piece contains traces of quartz, giving it additional heat resistance and a textured surface that results in better browning.
- The smooth enameled base is compatible with all cooktops including induction.
- Dozens of precisely placed bumps on the lid’s interior funnel evaporated juices directly back down on top of the food for more even basting.
- Extra-heavy lid seals in moisture for tender, flavorful results.
- Lid knob on Red is made of nickel-plated brass; lid knob on Black Matte is brass.
- Made in France.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 4 Quart: 9 1/4” x 4” high, 10 lb. 8 oz. with lid.
- Made in France.
- Use & Care
- Ideal for use on any cooktop, including induction; not recommended for glass stove tops.
- Oven and broiler safe up to 500°F.
- For best results use low to medium heat.
- When using high heat, bring pans slowly to a high temperature.
- Use plastic, wood or nylon utensils only; metal utensils may damage the enamel.
- Enamel may chip or crack if banged against a hard surface.
- Handles and knobs can become very hot. Always use pot holder or glove when handling.
- Allow pan to cool before washing.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Stubborn stains can be removed by soaking your pot for a few minutes in hot, soapy water.
- Completely dry pan before storing.
- Avoid using steel wool, steel scouring pads, harsh detergents, bleach or abrasive cleaners.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
- More about Staub
Staub traces its origin to the Alsace region of France, where founder Francis Staub designed his first enameled pot while working in an old French artillery factory in 1974. With the goal of creating the perfect pot for cooking the region’s traditional hearty soups, stews and braises, he combined cast iron, the most popular material of the time, with the latest enameling technology available. Today, Staub still makes its cookware at a traditional atelier in France, casting each pot in an individual sand mold, which is heated to 800°F and destroyed after use. The exterior enamel coating is made with glass powder and mineral pigments, applied in two or three coats to generate brilliant glossy colors.
Rated 5 out of 5 by jlee from Worth every penny! Love my new Staub! Heats perfectly. Holds the heat for transporting meals to family gatherings. Wonderful cook's tool.Date published: 2019-01-09Rated 5 out of 5 by Scarlet zhou from Great great pot I brought it during Thanksgiving holiday. And got it about a week later. It is amazing and out of my imagination. 4Q is just perfect for 4 people. I love the color.I love the pot.Date published: 2018-12-12Rated 5 out of 5 by Emma718 from My First Staub Cocotte I purchased the Cherry red cocotte and was so happy when I unboxed it. I was concerned about the color because sometimes "red" is more of an orange red, but this one was a true red. The size is perfect for cooking a meal for 2 -4 people. I live in the NE so I plan to use this to make a lot of soups and stews during the winter.Date published: 2018-12-11Rated 5 out of 5 by Sweet melon from Great!!! I bought last month it was great!!! The. Color is good I love it!Date published: 2018-12-09Rated 5 out of 5 by UPCheryl from Beautiful Pot! This is a terrific pot! Perfect size for chili and meals for two. Red is just amazing color. Flat black is very beautiful as well. Bought this pot on sale in red for myself and a couple for gifts. Cleans easily. Makes a great wedding or bridal shower gift, especially the black because it goes with every decor. Excellent cooking results. Highly recommend.Date published: 2018-01-24Rated 5 out of 5 by tetonman from Cooking dream Bought this on sale. My wife slow cooked a roast first braising it on range top then put it in the oven at 225 deg. came out tender and flavorful. She said she was impressed.Date published: 2017-02-22Rated 5 out of 5 by pestoqueen from Beautiful Cookware I purchased this for my daughter for her birthday. She's a professional cook and I knew she would enjoy having a Dutch oven from Staub. She received it a few weeks ago and has already put it to use. She loves it so much, I bought her another piece of Staub cookware for Christmas.Date published: 2016-12-27Rated 5 out of 5 by SheltieMom from Great Cookware beats Le Creuset I have owned my cherry red 4 qt since 2015, and I absolutely love it. It is the most used pot in my home. Whether cooking a pot of stew or making a small pot of stock this oven is great. I had owned LC, but got rid of it after purchasing my Staub oven. Clean up is a breeze and the finish is just fantastic.Date published: 2016-11-21
Can this be used for the no knead bread recipe?Hi Calsie, Yes, you can use this dutch oven for a no-knead bread recipe.Date published: 2019-01-03
Is the turquoise more green as pictured or is it more blue like I'm seeing at other retailers?Hi invisiblegenius, This is more lighter blue than green.Date published: 2018-12-21