Shun Sora 3-Piece Build-A-Block Knife Set
- Special Offer
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Sora is Japanese for "sky," and the Shun Sora collection soars high in performance while offering down-to-earth value. With a traditional Japanese handle and blade shape, Sora knives deliver smooth, razor-sharp cutting and a lightweight feel that's easy to control. The composite blade reveals a beautiful wavy pattern characteristic of Japanese swordsmithing.
- Special 3-piece set includes an 8" chef's knife, honing steel and a 4-slot bamboo storage block.
- Compact set is perfect for smaller kitchens.
- Eco-friendly bamboo block has slots for the chef's knife and honing steel, plus two empty slots to fill with your favorite Sora knives as you build your collection.
- Each blade features a VG-10 "super steel" core clad in stainless steel on each side for a san mai edge that is stain-resistant.
- Cutting edge is braze-welded to a mirror-polished Japanese steel upper, creating a traditional rippled pattern.
- Handle is a textured polymer blend for a secure grip and easy care.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 8" Chef's Knife: 8"-long blade, 5"-long handle. 7.2 oz.
- 9" Honing Steel: 9"-long rod, 5-long handle. 11.5 oz.
- Bamboo Storage Block: 8 1/4" x 2 3/4" x 8 1/2" high.
- Chef's Knife and Honing Steel: Handcrafted in Japan.
- Storage Block: Made in China.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife except a meat cleaver to cut
- through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
Next Day Delivery
- Warranty Information
Learn more about Care, Sharpening, Warranty Policy and Shipping Instructions. View details
- Price Match Guarantee
Williams Sonoma Price Match Guarantee
At Williams Sonoma, we're committed to bringing you the best quality at the best prices.
If you find a lower price on any of our products, we'll match it—guaranteed. Click here for details.