Shun Knife Care Kit
- Special Offer
- Free Fast Shipping
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Inspired by the style of care and tools traditionally used to keep Samurai swords in optimal condition, Shun cutlery experts decided to create a convenient kit to maintain "kitchen swords," too. It includes a collection of tools—from polishing cloths and sticks, to a handcrafted Japanese-style talc ball—to help eliminate natural tarnishing, discoloration and surface rust that can develop, even with the best of care.
- Includes polishing cloths, polishing sticks, food-grade oil, talc ball, bamboo storage box and instruction booklet (See More Info tab for details).
- Polishing Cloths (3): Use two for polishing and one for applying oil.
- Polishing Sticks (5): Includes fine, medium and coarse grits for cleaning and polishing.
- Food-Grade Oil: Protects blade surface after cleaning.
- Talc Ball: Handcrafted with mildly abrasive powder to gently clean the blade.
- Bamboo Box: Handmade of eco-friendly bamboo for convenient storage.
- Dimensions & More Info
- Polishing Cloths (3): 5" x 6"; made of superfine cotton.
- Polishing Sticks (5): 3/4" x 7" long.
- Food-Grade Oil: 2 oz.
- Talc Ball: 4 1/2" x 2".
- Bamboo Box: 7 1/3" x 2 1/2" x 2 3/4" high.
- Made in China.
- Use & Care
- Shun blades are extremely sharp and should be handled with caution at all times.
- Always wash blades that have been oiled prior to use.
- Preventative maintenance is the best maintenance. Keep knives in top condition with simple daily care: use proper cutting techniques, cut on appropriate surfaces, hand wash in mild detergent, dry thoroughly with an absorbent towel and allow to air-dry before storage.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
- Warranty Information
Learn more about Care, Sharpening, Warranty Policy and Shipping Instructions. View details
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.