Shun Kanso 5" Asian Prep Knife
- Special Offer
- Free Fast Shipping
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Earn $25 in reward dollars4 for every $500 spent on your Williams Sonoma Credit Card. Learn More
Influenced by the Zen principle of simplicity, the Shun Kanso collection was designed with only the indispensable elements in mind: high-performance steel, razor-sharp edges, perfect balance and precision handling. Plainly put: With this honesuki knife, nothing is lacking and nothing is superfluous. The tool of choice for Japanese chefs for boning poultry, it's designed with a triangular, sharp-pointed blade to deftly trim close to the bone, even in very tight places.
- Blade of highly refined, high-carbon vanadium stainless steel takes and holds a razor-sharp edge.
- Heritage-finish blade hides scratches and improves with age.
- Angled handle is made of dark tagayasan, known as "iron sword wood," an extremely dense wood traditionally used to make Samurai sword handles.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 5"-long blade.
- 4 3/4"-long handle.
- 3.3 oz.
- Full-tang construction for balance and strength.
- Bolsterless design.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, you should not need to sharpen your knife more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
Next Day Delivery
- Warranty Information
Learn more about Care, Sharpening, Warranty Policy and Shipping Instructions. View details
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.