Shun Kanso 4-Piece BBQ Knife Set
- Free Fast Shipping
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Perfect for barbecue chefs on the go, this gorgeous set of premium Shun Kanso knives comes with a knife roll for easy portability. Included are three key Japanese blades for boning, slicing and serving grilled meats with finesse. This high-performance, handcrafted travel set makes an excellent gift for Dad.
- Blades of highly refined, high-carbon vanadium stainless steel take and hold a razor-sharp edge.
- Heritage-finish blades provide a rustic look that hides scratches and improves with age.
- Angled handles are made of dark tagayasan, known as "iron sword wood," an extremely dense wood traditionally used to make Samurai sword handles.
- Heavy-duty nylon knife roll has 8 slots for knives.
- Knives handcrafted in Japan.
4-piece set includes:
- 5" honesuki.
- 6" boning/fillet knife.
- 12" brisket knife with beechwood saya (sheath).
- Nylon knife roll.
Please note: Knife roll is counted as an individual piece.
- Dimensions & More Info
- Honesuki knife: 5"-long blade, 4 3/4"-long handle; 3.3 oz.
- Boning/fillet knife: 6 1/4"-long blade; 4 1/2"-long handle; 3.8 oz.
- Brisket knife: 12"-long blade, 5 1/2"-long handle; 10 oz.
- Knife roll: 19 3/4" x 6" x 2" high.
- Knives handcrafted in Japan.
- Roll made in China.
- Honesuki has a triangular blade and sharp point ideal for boning poultry and trimming meat and fish.
- Boning/fillet knife (gokujo) has a narrow, curved blade for efficient boning and filleting of meat and fish; also excels for trimming meat and slicing fillets.
- Brisket knife has a long, hollow-ground blade that carves elegant slices in a single pass. Includes a beechwood saya (protective sheath).
- Knife roll includes a top handle and removable shoulder strap.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, you should not need to sharpen your knife more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
- Warranty Information
Learn more about Care, Sharpening, Warranty Policy and Shipping Instructions. View details
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Pigskin Barbeque from Perfect BBQ Starter Knife Set I BBQ at least 4 times per week with some catering jobs in there. As much as I trim different cuts of meat it's vital to have the proper knives to make the job easy. This set allows me to trim and slice meat easily each time. I had previously used a set of knives that were not the quality of Shun and it made the work tiresome. The Brisket knife makes slicing briskets a breeze. The boning knife makes cutting through chickens simple and the fillet knife has made trimming meat a pleasure. The best part about the set is the knife bag that comes with it so you can store them safely away. Best knives I've purchased, hands downs!!!Date published: 2017-07-14