Shun Kaji Paring Knives
- Special Offer
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
From our premium Kaji line by Shun, this versatile little Japanese-made knife blends new technology with centuries-old traditions of handcraftsmanship. Use it for making small precise cuts when peeling, trimming and coring fresh produce.
- 65-layer blade features a premium SG-2 powdered steel cutting core clad in 64 layers of forged nickel/stainless steel Damascus.
- Inspired by centuries-old samurai sword–making techniques, the blade's construction creates a supersharp cutting edge.
- Designed for excellent maneuverability for peeling, coring and trimming tasks.
- Handle is made of moisture-resistant, resin-infused PakkaWood, shaped for comfort and control.
- This NSF-certified knife meets the high-level safety standards for professional kitchens.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- A Williams Sonoma exclusive.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 3 1/2"-long blade.
- 5"-long handle.
- 3.2 oz.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
Next Day Delivery
- Warranty Information
Learn more about Care, Sharpening, Warranty Policy and Shipping Instructions. View details
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
Rated 5 out of 5 by pleasantonshopper from Great knife! We bought this 4 1/2 inch Shun Kanji paring knife based on the outstanding performance of the larger Shun Kanji Chef''s knife we bought several years ago. We use the new knife for chopping and slicing a variety of vegetables, as well as slicing smaller cuts of meat such as chicken breasts and pork tenderloin roasts. We love both of these knives and would highly recommend them to anyone wanting high performance knives that will last for years.Date published: 2015-11-24Rated 5 out of 5 by LuvGOP from Great balance and edge I have several Kaji knives and they all have their special purpose. I've had the paring knife for just over a year and just had it sharpened for the first time. Paring knives aren't typically used on a cutting board, but rather in hand . . .but if a board is used, a good wooden cutting board will add greatly to the time between sharpening.Date published: 2012-09-18