Shun Kaji Paring Knives
- Special Offer
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
From our premium Kaji line by Shun, this versatile little Japanese-made knife blends new technology with centuries-old traditions of handcraftsmanship. Use it for making small precise cuts when peeling, trimming and coring fresh produce.
- 65-layer blade features a premium SG-2 powdered steel cutting core clad in 64 layers of forged nickel/stainless steel Damascus.
- Inspired by centuries-old samurai sword–making techniques, the blade's construction creates a supersharp cutting edge.
- Designed for excellent maneuverability for peeling, coring and trimming tasks.
- Handle is made of moisture-resistant, resin-infused PakkaWood, shaped for comfort and control.
- This NSF-certified knife meets the high-level safety standards for professional kitchens.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- A Williams Sonoma exclusive.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 3 1/2"-long blade.
- 5"-long handle.
- 3.2 oz.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
- Warranty Information
Learn more about Care, Sharpening, Warranty Policy and Shipping Instructions. View details
- Price Match Guarantee
Williams Sonoma Price Match Guarantee
At Williams Sonoma, we're committed to bringing you the best quality at the best prices.
If you find a lower price on any of our products, we'll match it—guaranteed. Click here for details.
Rated 5 out of 5 by drrayeye from Great complementary detail knife I've owned the 4 1/2 " for the past two years and use it as a regular companion to my Kaji hollow ground 7" santuko. Great for that extra touch in prep work with vegetables.Date published: 2018-05-19Rated 5 out of 5 by pleasantonshopper from Great knife! We bought this 4 1/2 inch Shun Kanji paring knife based on the outstanding performance of the larger Shun Kanji Chef''s knife we bought several years ago. We use the new knife for chopping and slicing a variety of vegetables, as well as slicing smaller cuts of meat such as chicken breasts and pork tenderloin roasts. We love both of these knives and would highly recommend them to anyone wanting high performance knives that will last for years.Date published: 2015-11-24Rated 5 out of 5 by LuvGOP from Great balance and edge I have several Kaji knives and they all have their special purpose. I've had the paring knife for just over a year and just had it sharpened for the first time. Paring knives aren't typically used on a cutting board, but rather in hand . . .but if a board is used, a good wooden cutting board will add greatly to the time between sharpening.Date published: 2012-09-18