Shun Kaji Kiritsuke Knife
- Special Offer
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Earn $50 in reward dollars4 for every $500 spent on your Williams Sonoma Credit Card through July 22. Learn More
In Japan, using a kiritsuke is a sign of a master chef. A skilled cook can do just about anything with this long-bladed knife, which functions like a chef's knife for all-purpose chopping, thin slicing and mincing. Named for the blacksmith's forge, the premium Kaji series was developed by Shun's master knife makers exclusively for Williams Sonoma.
- Long blade is ideal for cleaning and portioning boneless meats—as well as dicing, slicing or julienning vegetables.
- 65-layer blade features a premium SG-2 powdered steel cutting core clad in 64 layers of forged nickel/stainless steel Damascus.
- Inspired by centuries-old samurai sword–making techniques, the blade's construction creates a super sharp cutting edge.
- Handle is made of moisture-resistant, resin-infused PakkaWood, shaped for comfort and control.
- This NSF-certified knife meets the high-level hygiene standards for professional kitchens.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 8" knife: 8"-long blade; 4 1/2"-long handle; 14.6 oz.
- 6" knife: 6 1/4"-long blade; 4 1/2"-long handle; 9.6 oz.
- Made in Japan.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
- Warranty Information
Learn more about Care, Sharpening, Warranty Policy and Shipping Instructions. View details
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
Rated 5 out of 5 by CookingInPhx from Excellent! My Favorite Knife I'm a big fan of Shun knives to begin with and this knife is incredible. I use it frequently and have found the blade pattern to be very versatile and functional. The knife is very well finished and looks as good as it is nice to use. I bought the 6" blade and it's big enough for all my cutting tasks.Date published: 2017-04-02Rated 5 out of 5 by Swordafish from Good sharp knife I bought this knife for a couple of reasons. First, it was ridiculously cheap at the time I purchased it. Second, I was looking for an SG2 blade do use for some highly acidic foods that I didn't want to cut with my blue carbon steel knives. The edge is extremely sharp, durable and easy to maintain. Often times a "made exclusively for" product translates to lower quality, not so here. The blade, bolster and handle are finished very nicely. My only complaint is one of personal aesthetics, I don't care for the chrome/nickel layering, too pretty for my tastes. It looks more at home on the dining room table than in the kitchen. But it gets 5 stars because it's well crafted and very good at what it's made to do.Date published: 2016-10-06Rated 5 out of 5 by bethc from BEST KNIFE EVER I have been eyeing this knife for months and finally pulled the trigger.....SO GLAD I DID!!! I got the 8". This Kiritsuke knife is one I use every single day - it's got a great weight to it, feels really good and balanced in the hand, and is sharp beyond belief. The difference in the way it cuts compared to my other knives (even the really nice ones) is quite noticeable. I have arthritis in my hands and anything that requires less force/pressure is most welcome - this knife really fits the bill. Due to the weight and the design of the blade, almost zero effort is required to slice through or chop even the toughest veggies/meats. I love this knife - very versatile, and quite beautiful to boot!Date published: 2015-10-23