Shun Kaji Hollow-Ground Chef's Knife
- Special Offer
- Premier Deal
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Earn $25 in reward dollars4 for every $500 spent on your Williams Sonoma Credit Card. Learn More
From our premium Kaji line by Shun, this hollow-ground chef's knife is indispensable for chopping, dicing, mincing and slicing fruits and vegetables. Crafted in Japan, its strong, razor-sharp blade merges new technology and centuries-old handcrafting traditions, ensuring impeccable performance time after time. Hollow-ground indentations on the blade reduce friction and minimize sticking for exceptional release of everything from summer tomatoes to hard cheeses.
- 65-layer blade features a premium SG-2 powdered steel cutting core clad in 64 layers of forged nickel/stainless steel Damascus.
- Inspired by centuries-old samurai sword–making techniques, the blade's construction creates a supersharp cutting edge.
- Handle is made of moisture-resistant, resin-infused PakkaWood, shaped for comfort and control.
- This NSF-certified knife meets the high-level safety standards for professional kitchens.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 6"-long blade; 5 1/2"-long handle; 6oz.
- Made in Japan.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within 3-5 business days of our receiving your order.
Next Day Delivery
Orders received by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners, and knife storage) please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
- Price Match Guarantee
At Williams Sonoma, we're committed to bringing you the best quality at the best prices.
If you find a lower price on any of our products, we'll match it—guaranteed. Click here for details.
Rated 5 out of 5 by momofez from balance. blade, and beauty This is not only a beautiful, but it cuts effortlessly. The handle and weight feel good in both my hand and my husbands. It's the perfect knife for almost any and all jobs, and give pleasure in doingDate published: 2018-02-25Rated 5 out of 5 by Doogiesmom from Indespensible Kitchen Knife Finally decided to upgrade the kitchen knife assortment into 4 premium quality knives w/a wide range of utility. This knife is quickly becoming my favorite of all! My hands are small, so the size is perfect. Love the thin, extremely sharp blade & its design that effortlessly glides through anything cut. Know slicing creole tomatoes this season will be a breeze! This knife is a work of art, from it's dark wooden handle to the beautifully shaped & etched blade. Prepwork is actually fun now. Shun - how did I ever live without you?!Date published: 2016-02-09Rated 4 out of 5 by AGT43 from Way Sharp, decent handle The balance on this knife is excellent. The blade glides through most everything. I have large hands, and the handle seems somewhat small for my large hands but that is not a criticism. I'll follow up on this review in a few months to let you know if the size of the handle affects the comfort. So far, so good.Date published: 2014-06-12