Shun Kaji 8-Piece Knife Block Set
- Special Offer
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Named for the blacksmith’s forge, the Kaji series was developed by Shun’s master knife makers exclusively for Williams Sonoma. Combining ancient Damascus-steel and clad-construction techniques, this set makes an excellent introduction to the Kaji series.
- 65-layer blade features a premium SG-2 powdered steel cutting core clad in 64 layers of forged nickel/stainless steel Damascus.
- Inspired by centuries-old samurai sword–making techniques, the blades’ construction creates a supersharp cutting edge.
- Handles are made of moisture-resistant, resin-infused PakkaWood, shaped for comfort and control.
- These NSF-certified knives meet the high-level safety standards for professional kitchens.
- Bamboo storage block has 12 slots.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- A Williams Sonoma exclusive.
8-Piece Set includes:
- 3 1/2” paring knife.
- 6” tomato knife.
- 6 3/4” hollow-ground santoku.
- 8” chef’s knife.
- 9” bread knife.
- 9” hollow-ground carving knife.
- 9” honing steel.
- 12-slot storage block.
Please note: Storage block is counted as an individual piece.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 3 1/2” paring knife: 3 1/2”-long blade; 5”-long handle; 3.2 oz.
- 6” tomato knife: 6”-long blade; 5”-long handle; 6.5 oz.
- 6 3/4” hollow-ground santoku: 6 3/4”-long blade; 5 1/2”-long handle; 8.2 oz.
- 8” chef’s knife: 8”-long blade; 5 1/2”-long handle; 8.8 oz.
- 9” bread knife: 9”-long blade; 5 1/2”-long handle; 7.8 oz.
- 9” hollow-ground carving knife: 9”-long blade; 5 1/2”-long handle; 8 oz.
- 9” honing steel: 9”-long rod; 5”-long handle; 9.5 oz.
- Knives are made in Japan.
- Block and honing steel made in China.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, you should not need to sharpen your knife more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your straight-edge knives at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Sharpen your serrated knife at home using a sharpener designed for a serrated blade, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 4-5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $17.50 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners, and knife storage) please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable, and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
- Gift with Purchase
- Warranty Information
Learn more about Care, Sharpening, Warranty Policy and Shipping Instructions. View details
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
Rated 5 out of 5 by JohnfromNJ from Shun Kaji worth every penny Truly a superior product, received the dual density utility knife as a gift. picked up the 8 pcs block set on sale, Then I returned the favor by gifting the 6" hollow grind chief knife @ 72% off back to the person who turned me onto these great knifes.Date published: 2015-10-19Rated 5 out of 5 by LCAhwahnee from Delicate but Awesome knives - prepared to replace! These knives are a treat to use - the best knives that I will ever own and use, but will not last a "lifetime". These knives have excellent quality blades that keep there sharpness and easily re-sharpen, but are fragile. I've never chipped a knife in my life before these, but needed to replace twice the paring and santoku knives, my "work horse" knives. Be very careful not to drop, handle roughly or place in the sink. To prevent damage or injury, I have to treat them like they are delicate but sharp obsidian (quartz) knives with deadly sharp but fragile edges. Wash immediately and put them back in the block to protect. Great knife set for personal use (with caution). Not a good knife set for a "lifetime" of use by me, or for visitors, children or household members that won't care for them.. Have a second knife set for others or be be prepared for accidents, injury, damage, and replacements. I can highly recommend treating yourself and buying this knife set.Date published: 2014-12-05Rated 5 out of 5 by Fabbykitchen from The best knives I have ever used! This is the best knife set I have ever owned. Super sharp, and very easy to handle. The 9" slicer cut right through a big watermelon super easily. I am able to slice carrots, potatoes and other root vegetables almost hair thin with these knives, which was very difficult to do with my old Zwilling knives.Date published: 2014-07-22Rated 3 out of 5 by Shun from High Maintenance Knives I love these knives, but they are less than a year old and they have begun to rust. I hand wash them immediately after they are used, dry them, and store them in the knife block provided by the manufacturer. Apparently, they require more care. Shun knows that they rust but claims that this is not a manufacturing defect. They recommend a stainless steel cleaner to remove the rust. Others state that they should not be stored in the block because this promotes rust. So I will clean them, and store them on a magnetic strip and hope for the best. Even the oldest and cheapest of my knives has no rust on it. Had I known about the rust problem, I would have bought a different set of knives made with stainless steel that did not rust.Date published: 2014-07-17Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Best Knives I bought these knives six months ago. I compared the Wustoffs, Henckels, and Shuns and naturally gravitated toward the Shuns. After trying each one, I thought I went with the Shun Kaji because it was far and away the best. I thought it would be the cheaper one since the design wasn't as over the top of as the Ken Onion, but unfortunately I was wrong. Regardless of the cost, these knives are excellent. Each knife is very very sharp, and maintains its edge well as long as you use a honing steel. People complaining about them chipping should probably not be using these knives. Make sure you know how to prep before buying high end cutlery. Kind of like learning to drive a manual before buying a Ferrari. Best knives I've come across. Beautiful design. Very balanced too. Handle fits the contour of your palm perfectly.Date published: 2012-02-26