Shun Kaji 7" Asian Chef's Knife
- Free Fast Shipping
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
The premium Shun Kaji collection blends new technology with a centuries-old tradition of handcraftsmanship. This 7" Asian chef's knife is lighter and easier to handle than many Western chef's knives. Known as a gyuto in Japan, the multipurpose knife tackles countless cutting tasks from slicing fish and meat to prepping fruit and vegetables.
- 65-layer blade features premium SG-2 powdered steel cutting core clad in 64 layers of forged nickel and stainless-steel Damascus.
- Inspired by centuries-old samurai sword–making techniques, the blade's construction creates a super-sharp cutting edge.
- Handles are made of moisture-resistant, resin-infused PakkaWood, shaped for comfort and control.
- NSF-certified knife meets high-level safety standards for professional kitchens.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 7" blade, 6" handle.
- 6.6 oz.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
Rated 5 out of 5 by ArtieBucco from Laser in your hand. I already own a few kaji chef's knives and am impressed with the SG2 steel. I really don't need anymore knives but I loved the profile of this knife. More of a Gyotu shape and makes great work with push cutting delicate vegetables. This is my dedicated shallot/fine herb knife. I love using this knife.Date published: 2019-01-29Rated 5 out of 5 by Joseph from Perfect size I have a bunch of Shun Kaji knives. They are top-tier quality, using one of the highest grade knife-steels available, and they are all about performance. SG2 gets harder (which means sharper) than any other stainless knife steel, and stays sharp longer. We all (should?) know that and 8" chef knife is standard in the kitchen. It does 90% of the work. But does it ever feel just a bit too big or heavy? Recently, I've been thinking a lot about this. 6" seems a bit to small for so many tasks so I've just dealt with using an 8" for so long. UNTIL NOW! This knife, at 7" is absolutely perfect. I've had it for less than a week and in that time I haven't even picked up the 8" chef. This just does it all! I haven't weighed it, but the blade feels significantly lighter. Not just from being shorter, but also from having a smaller profile. It feels so nimble in the hand. It's incredible to use, and I highly recommend this knife for someone like me adding to a collection, or even someone looking for their first Shun. I am a man with large hands but I can see this working perfectly for women, or those with smaller hands as well. Totally get this knife!Date published: 2018-09-09