Shun Kaji 23-Piece Knife Block Set
- Special Offer
- Premier Deal
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Earn $25 in reward dollars4 for every $500 spent on your Williams Sonoma Credit Card. Learn More
Named for the blacksmith’s forge, the Kaji series was developed by Shun’s master knife makers exclusively for Williams Sonoma. Combining ancient Damascus-steel and clad construction, this set offers a complete array of Japanese cutlery for basic tasks and specialized cutting techniques.
- 65-layer blade features a premium SG-2 powdered steel cutting core clad in 64 layers of forged nickel/stainless steel Damascus.
- Inspired by centuries-old samurai sword–making techniques, the blades’ construction creates a super sharp cutting edge.
- Handles are made of moisture-resistant, resin-infused PakkaWood, shaped for comfort and control.
- These NSF-certified knives meet the high-level safety standards for professional kitchens.
- Cherry wood storage block has slots for 23 pieces.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- A Williams Sonoma exclusive.
23-Piece Set includes:
- 3 1/2" and 4 1/2" paring knives.
- 4 1/2" honesuki knife.
- 5 1/2" and 7" hollow-ground santokus.
- 6" serrated utility knife.
- 6" boning knife.
- 6", 8" and 10" chef's knives.
- 6" ultimate utility knife.
- 6 1/2" nakiri knife.
- 7" Chinese vegetable cleaver.
- 9" hollow-ground slicing knife.
- 9" bread knife.
- Six 5" steak knives.
- 9" honing steel.
- 23-slot cherry wood storage block.
Please note: Storage block is counted as an individual piece.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 3 1/2" Paring Knife: 3 1/2"-long blade; 5 1/2"-long handle; 5.3 oz.
- 4 1/2" Paring Knife: 4 1/2"-long blade; 6 1/2"-long handle; 4 oz.
- 4 1/2" Honesuki Knife: 4 1/2"-long blade; 6 1/2"-long handle; 8.5 oz.
- 5 1/2" Santoku: 5 1/2"-long blade; 5 3/4"-long handle; 6.6 oz.
- 6" Chef's Knife: 6"-long blade; 5 1/2"-long handle; 6.2 oz.
- 6" Ultimate Utility Knife: 6"-long blade; 5 1/4"-long handle; 5.8 oz.
- 6" Serrated Utility Knife: 6"-long blade; 5"-long handle; 4.3 oz.
- 6" Boning Knife: 6"-long blade; 7 1/2"-long handle; 5.3 oz.
- 6 1/2" Nakiri Knife: 6 1/2"-long blade; 6 1/2"-long handle; 10 oz.
- 7" Santoku: 7"-long blade; 6 1/2"-long handle; 9.3 oz.
- 7" Vegetable Cleaver: 7"-long blade; 6"-long handle; 14.2 oz.
- 8" Chef's Knife: 8"-long blade; 6 1/4"-long handle; 9.4 oz.
- 10" Chef's Knife: 10"-long blade; 6"-long handle; 11 oz.
- 9 Slicing Knife: 9"-long blade; 6 1/2"-long handle; 8.5 oz.
- 9" Bread Knife: 9"-long blade; 6 1/4"-long handle; 8.5 oz.
- Steak Knife (6): 5"-long blade; 6"-long handle; 3.8 oz.
- 9" Honing Steel: 9"-long rod; 5"-long handle; 10.6 oz.
- 23-Slot Storage Block: 16 1/4" x 4 3/4" x 10 1/4" high. 17 lb. 7 oz.
- Knives handcrafted in Japan.
- Block and honing steel made in China.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
- Price Match Guarantee
Williams Sonoma Price Match Guarantee
At Williams Sonoma, we're committed to bringing you the best quality at the best prices.
If you find a lower price on any of our products, we'll match it—guaranteed. Click here for details.
Rated 1 out of 5 by ShunMyAss from Disappointed! Bought 23 pieces Shun Kaji in Oct-16, rarely use the knife. 2 weeks ago, I decided to use the Santoku 7" to cut galangal, chipped on 2 places.Date published: 2017-03-17Rated 5 out of 5 by Gene from Best knife set available Shun, this is the high end of knives in my opinion, I am so impressed that I have two sets, I own the largest Kaji set and the Fugi set. I have owned all of the finest German and American knife sets until I discovered the Shun. The difference in sharpness and angle of the blade is night and day. The German knives are at an angle of 26* , the Shun knives are at 16* the blades are much thinner yet strong and durable, the blades do not seem to hold on to the ingredients that are being sliced as many knives do.the biggest reponsibility with these knives is keeping them clean, they are so beautiful that you will automatically clean them after each use. I am a huge fan.Date published: 2017-03-04