Shun Kaji 2-Piece Knife Set
- Special Offer
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Earn $25 in reward dollars4 for every $500 spent on your Williams Sonoma Credit Card. Learn More
This set of two essential knives is a fine introduction to our premium Shun Kaji collection, made exclusively for us in Japan. The knives' strong, razor-sharp blades are created through a blend of new technology and centuries-old handcrafting traditions.
- Set includes a 3 1/2" paring knife and a 6" chef's knife.
- 65-layer blade features a premium SG-2 powdered steel cutting core clad in 64 layers of forged nickel/stainless steel Damascus.
- Inspired by centuries-old samurai sword–making techniques, the blades' construction creates a supersharp cutting edge.
- Paring knife makes small, precise cuts, to peel, trim and core fresh produce.
- Chef's knife has a shorter blade than a standard chef's knife for greater maneuverability.
- Handles are made of moisture-resistant, resin-infused PakkaWood, shaped for comfort and control.
- These NSF-certified knives meet the high-level safety standards for professional kitchens.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- A Williams Sonoma exclusive.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 3 1/2" paring knife: 3 1/2"-long blade; 5"-long handle; 3.2 oz.
- 6" chef's knife: 6"-long blade; 5 1/2"-long handle; 6.2 oz.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
Next Day Delivery
- Warranty Information
Learn more about Care, Sharpening, Warranty Policy and Shipping Instructions. View details
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
<p>Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.<br>
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.</p>
- Price Match Guarantee
Williams Sonoma Price Match Guarantee
At Williams Sonoma, we're committed to bringing you the best quality at the best prices.
If you find a lower price on any of our products, we'll match it—guaranteed. Click here for details.
Rated 5 out of 5 by fuentecigar from Something different for my kitchen. These knives were a gift from my son, who is in the Navy. We both share a love of cooking. All of my cutlery is Wustof. I never really saw myself using anything else. If I did, it would still have been in the German school of thought. He encouraged me to try some type of Asian knife. Told him, no; don't think I would be interested. But, he gave these to me for Christmas. I AM impressed! Different from the German profile. But, pleasantly so. Nice Damascus pattern. Extremely sharp from the box. Made sushi with the 6" the day I received them. Very high quality for the abilities of a 60 year old man.Date published: 2015-02-07Rated 4 out of 5 by catsinthekitchen from Excellent sharp knives, lacking quality control These knives are beautiful but I had to go through several to find ones that didn't have a defect in the handle (uneven meeting of the tang & wood) or dimples in the blade. It is incredibly sharp and performs as well as one would expect a knife to for this price but, even giving leeway knowing that the knives are handmade, quality control isn’t great. I would buy in store so you know exactly what you're getting. Also, these are much heavier than Shun Classic or Global which gives it a good stable hold (extra weight is in the tang, not the blade), but personally I think for a weightier knife, a German knife is the way to go. My Wusthof Epicures perform just as well for our vegetarian diet, have a thick strong blade that holds an edge & withstands a beating (not as delicate as the Kaji's steel). Don't get me wrong, the Kaji line is impressive but aren't daily use knives for me as expected and, at this price point, took too much effort to find knifes that were satisfactory in quality.Date published: 2013-11-04