Shun Kaji 19-Piece Knife Block Set
- Only at Williams Sonoma
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Named for the blacksmith’s forge, the Kaji series was developed by Shun’s master knife makers exclusively for Williams Sonoma. Combining ancient Damascus-steel and clad-construction techniques, this set includes a wide range of superb cutlery in the essential sizes.
- 65-layer blade features a premium SG-2 powdered steel cutting core clad in 64 layers of forged nickel/stainless steel Damascus.
- Inspired by centuries-old samurai sword–making techniques, the blades’ construction creates a supersharp cutting edge.
- Handles are made of moisture-resistant, resin-infused PakkaWood, shaped for comfort and control.
- These NSF-certified knives meet the high-level safety standards for professional kitchens.
- Cherrywood storage block has slots for 20 pieces.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- A Williams Sonoma exclusive.
19-Piece Set Includes:
- 3 1/2” and 4 1/2” paring knives.
- 6” serrated utility knife.
- 6” boning knife.
- 6”, 8” and 10” chef’s knives.
- 7” santoku.
- 7” Chinese vegetable cleaver.
- 9” hollow-ground slicing knife.
- 9” bread knife.
- Six 5” steak knives.
- 9” honing steel.
- 20-slot storage block.
Please note: Storage block is counted as an individual piece.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 3 1/2” paring knife: 3 1/2”-long blade; 5”-long handle; 3.2 oz.
- 4 1/2” paring knife: 4 1/2”-long blade; 5”-long handle; 3.5 oz.
- 6” chef’s knife: 6”-long blade; 5 1/2”-long handle; 6.2 oz.
- 8” chef’s knife: 8”-long blade; 5 1/2”-long handle; 8.8 oz.
- 10” chef’s knife: 10”-long blade; 5 1/2”-long handle; 10.2 oz.
- 6” serrated utility knife: 6”-long blade; 4 3/4”-long handle; 3.8 oz.
- 6” boning knife: 6”-long blade; 5”-long handle; 6 oz.
- 7” santoku: 7” -long blade; 5 1/2”-long handle; 8.2 oz.
- 7” cleaver: 7 3/4”-long blade; 3 1/2”-long handle; 12 oz.
- 9 hollow-ground slicing knife: 9 1/2”-long blade; 5”-long handle; 8 oz.
- 9” bread knife: 9”-long blade; 5 1/2”-long handle; 7.8 oz.
- Six 5” steak knives: 5”-long blade;4 1/2”-long handle; 3.6 oz.
- 9” honing steel: 9”-long rod; 5”-long handle; 9.5 oz.
- Knives are made in Japan.
- Block and honing steel made in China.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
- Warranty Information
Learn more about Care, Sharpening, Warranty Policy and Shipping Instructions. View details
- Price Match Guarantee
Williams Sonoma Price Match Guarantee
At Williams Sonoma, we're committed to bringing you the best quality at the best prices.
If you find a lower price on any of our products, we'll match it—guaranteed. Click here for details.
Rated 3 out of 5 by nopriors from What's the fuss? They're fine. I have Wustoff in NY in a Globel knife stand and I like those better. I have a variety of individual knives from other manufacturers which I hand picked for different purposes. I've kept this knife set in my second home. My only complaint is that they don't clean well. They get discolored and maintain water stains. I've tried a variety of cleaning techniques and products but nothing works.Date published: 2015-11-01Rated 5 out of 5 by Kangofumarsha from Shun Kaji makes me happy! I have purchased a few pieces of the Shun Kaji Knives individually in the past, but this set has been on my wish list for a very long time. I was surprised to see the set on sale and I really debated for a while before I decided to bite the bullet. I am so glad I did. The bamboo block is so sleek and elegant. It looks amazing on my counter top. Now my knives are in easy reach. The quality is far superior to any other knife I have tried in the past. The only glitch is that they sent two slicing knives and no bread knife. No worries though. WS is on top of things and they will swap out the extra slicing knife and send the bread knife. Thank you Shun Kaji and thank you WS.Date published: 2012-07-25