Shun Hiro 7" Santoku Knife
- Special Offer
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
The Shun Hiro collection features high-performance Eastern-style knives designed for speed, agility and balance, as well as striking beauty. A cutting core of ultra-premium SG-2 steel gives them a super-sharp, lasting edge, while hammered blades help keep food from sticking for fast, efficient use. Handcrafted in Japan, this santoku combines the benefits of a chef's knife and a cleaver, making it indispensable for chopping, slicing and dicing.
- Eastern-inspired design with extremely thin, lightweight blade for fast and agile performance.
- The blade's core of SG-2 powdered steel is clad on each side with Damascus steel composed of 32 alternating layers of nickel and stainless steel, for a total of 65 layers.
- SG-2 is an extremely fine-grained, dense and hard steel, which enables it to take and hold an exquisitely fine edge with long-lasting sharpness.
- The hammered pattern (tsuchime in Japanese) helps the blade pass easily through food without sticking.
- Contoured, ambidextrous handle is designed for ultimate comfort and control.
- Handle is dark charcoal-colored PakkaWood with crimson striations and an inlaid mosaic Samurai family crest.
- Mirror-polished nickel silver bolster and end cap.
- Made in Japan.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 7"-long blade, 4 3/4"-long handle.
- 7.6 oz.
- Made in Japan.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within
3-5 business days of our receiving your order.
Next Day Delivery
Orders reciived by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday thorugh Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
- Warranty Information
Learn more about Care, Sharpening, Warranty Policy and Shipping Instructions. View details
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Scantron37 from Simply amazing knife I received this for Christmas in 2014, so I am a tad late to writing the review. It has exceeded my expectations in every way. It is a sight to behold, the craftsmanship is gorgeous, and it cuts like no other knife I have owned. Grant it, that is not saying much, I am no knife connoisseur, but it really slices through vegies and meat with ease. My only regret is having 2 young roommates that I don't exactly trust with such a fine instrument, so I don't keep it out.Date published: 2015-10-13Rated 5 out of 5 by Williek from A Joy To Use This knife is absolutely beautiful. It's incredibly sharp while being very nimble. I find myself looking for recipes that call for fine dices just so that I have an excuse to really show off this knifes superb ability and agility.Date published: 2015-01-18Rated 4 out of 5 by Jenfbragg from Beautiful knife I bought this for a wedding present at the beginning of May and didn't get it until the day before the wedding..July 11th. Take note that fulfilling the order of this particular knife may take awhile. That said, the knife exceeded my and the Grooms exceptions. (groom being who the knife was bought for) Would have given this 5 star but the shipping took it to a 4. The balance and handle are just beautiful to hold.Date published: 2014-07-31Rated 5 out of 5 by Hawkind from favorite knife Amazing knife and an amazing series, i love shun but Hiro has to be my favorite. i mean ofcourse its sharp and durable and good to use, but the handle is just amazing, the way it sits so comfortably in ur hand just makes the work so much more easy.Date published: 2014-02-21