Shun Hiro Paring Knife
- Special Offer
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
The Shun Hiro collection features high-performance Eastern-style knives designed for speed, agility and balance, as well as striking beauty. A cutting core of ultra-premium SG-2 steel gives them a super-sharp, lasting edge, while hammered blades help keep food from sticking for fast, efficient use. Handcrafted in Japan, this precision knife is designed for speedy paring, peeling and other detailed cutting tasks.
- Eastern-inspired design with extremely thin, lightweight blade for fast and agile performance.
- The blade's core of SG-2 powdered steel is clad on each side with Damascus steel composed of 32 alternating layers of nickel and stainless steel, for a total of 65 layers.
- SG-2 is an extremely fine-grained, dense and hard steel, which enables it to take and hold an exquisitely fine edge with long-lasting sharpness.
- The hammered pattern (tsuchime in Japanese) helps the blade pass easily through food without sticking.
- Contoured, ambidextrous handle is designed for ultimate comfort and control.
- Handle is dark charcoal-colored PakkaWood with crimson striations and an inlaid mosaic Samurai family crest.
- Mirror-polished nickel silver bolster and end cap.
- 3 1/2"-long blade, 4"-long handle
- 2.2 oz.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 4-5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $17.50 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners, and knife storage) please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable, and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
- Gift with Purchase
- Warranty Information
Learn more about Care, Sharpening, Warranty Policy and Shipping Instructions. View details
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
Also in this Collection
Shun Hiro 7" Santoku Knife
Shun Hiro Chef's Knife
Rated 2 out of 5 by Guardiana from Beautiful but fragile The knife is very sharp and beautiful. It got a gouge on the blade after couple weeks of use. I was slicing a lot with it on one day, like persimmons, pomegranates and some turkey meat from the leg, when I went to clean it to my horror I saw a missing piece. I got it as a part of the set and thinking of returning it :-(Date published: 2012-12-04Rated 4 out of 5 by MyReviewForYou from Recommend with reservation... After such success with the Shun Hiro 6" Chef Knife, I decided to add the paring knife to my collection. I was able to test out the knife prior to purchase and it does a beautiful job chopping and slicing. The belly of the knife is wider than my current western style knife, so there is a learning curve. However when I properly position the knife for slicing/coring it does a wonderful job. Once design issue is that the blade is not weighty enough to keep the knife stable when laid on a cutting board. The knife will spin if slightly bumped. I have learned to make sure I have it secured between cutting jobs. I do wish that a stand or blade cover had been included with the knife. If you are deciding between a chef knife and paring knife, go for the chef knife. However if you are interested in a paring knife, visit a WS store and test it out.Date published: 2012-10-18Rated 5 out of 5 by AllisonJoy from Expensive, But Worth It This knife is a piece of art that I am fortunate enough to be able to use every day. It is incredibly sharp with the most beautiful damascus folded steel and wooden handle. The weight and size are perfect for a man or a woman to use daily. I am very pleased with this knife, although I don't know that I would have been able to justify it without the $100 gift card I had to put toward it.Date published: 2012-09-04