Shun Hiro 7-Piece Knife Block Set
- Special Offer
Our exclusive Shun Hiro collection features high-performance Eastern-style knives designed for speed, agility and balance as well as striking beauty. A cutting core of ultra premium SG-2 steel gives them a super sharp, lasting edge, and hammered blades help keep foods from sticking for fast, efficient use. Handcrafted in Japan, our exclusive seven-piece collection includes essential knives for home cooks.
- Eastern-inspired design with extremely thin, lightweight blades for fast and agile performance.
- The blade's core of SG-2 powdered steel is clad on each side with Damascus steel composed of 32 alternating layers of nickel and stainless steel, for a total of 65 layers.
- SG-2 is an extremely fine-grained, dense and hard steel, which enables it to take and hold an exquisitely fine edge with long-lasting sharpness.
- The hammered pattern (tsuchime in Japanese) helps the blade pass easily through food without sticking.
- Contoured ambidextrous handles are designed for ultimate comfort and control.
- Handles are dark charcoal-colored PakkaWood with crimson striations and an inlaid mosaic Samurai family crest.
- Mirror-polished nickel silver bolsters and end caps.
- Knives are handcrafted in Japan.
- Block is made in China.
- A Williams Sonoma exclusive.
7-Piece Set includes:
- 3 1/2" paring knife.
- 6" serrated utility knife.
- 8" chef's knife.
- 9" bread knife.
- 9 1/2" slicing knife.
- Honing steel.
- 8-slot bamboo storage block.
Please note: Storage block is counted as an individual piece.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 3 1/2" paring knife: 3 1/2"-long blade; 4"-long handle; 2.2 oz.
- 6" serrated utility knife: 6"-long blade; 4 1/4"-long handle; 2.6 oz.
- 8" chef's knife: 8"-long blade; 4 3/4"-long handle; 7.8 oz.
- 9" bread knife: 9"-long blade; 4 3/4"-long handle; 6.8 oz.
- 9 1/2" slicing knife: 9 1/2"-long blade; 4 3/4"-long handle; 6.8 oz.
- Honing steel: 9"-long rod; 4 1/2"-long handle; 9 oz.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 4-5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $17.50 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners, and knife storage) please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable, and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
- Gift with Purchase
- Warranty Information
Learn more about Care, Sharpening, Warranty Policy and Shipping Instructions. View details
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
Rated 5 out of 5 by LONETREERUNNER from Gorgeous knife block! Excellent knife block for Shun Hiro knives! I purchased knife block separately after buying Fuji, Hiro, Pro Yanagiba. Only my Fuji 6in chefs and nakiri knives do not fit. Otherwise, it a PERFECT fit for the Hiro and Pro Yanagiba( perfect slicing knife) takes up less space and is the best looking Shun knife block!Date published: 2017-04-25Rated 3 out of 5 by jessCulnan from Nice knives. Tips bent the first month. Nice quality knives for cutting. Purchased this set 2 years ago. Something about either the thinness of the knives or the way that the block is made resulted in nearly every knife having a bent tip within the first month. I straighten them out and then they re-bend immediately. I think it has something to do with the block. Would go with a different set or throw out the block immediately upon arrival and use something different. I think my knives are too bent to be saved by a new block at this point.Date published: 2016-09-24Rated 1 out of 5 by Kiah from Not god Knives Knives too thin for average cook. Tips break Very easily!!Date published: 2015-10-11Rated 5 out of 5 by lrupp13 from great knives I have always loves Shun knives, when I found out about the Hiro line, I knew they were the knives I wanted to invest in. They are very expensive, but are the the knives I plan to be in my kitchen for years to come.Date published: 2012-04-29