Shun Hikari 9" Honing Steel
- Special Offer
- Free Fast Shipping
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Keep your Hikari cutlery in top condition and maintain the blades' razor-sharp edges with this precision honing steel. Distinguished by its birch PakkaWood handle, it features two surfaces: one for using every day and another for weekly honing. An angle guide is built into the handle to ensure easy honing at the correct 16-degree angle.
- Built-in angle guide makes precision honing easy.
- 9" rod lets you hone blades both long and short.
- Rod combines microribs and smooth steel for both gentle and aggressive honing options.
- Polished bolster promotes a comfortable chef's grip.
- Durable birch PakkaWood handle resists moisture and bacteria and has a beautiful low-gloss finish.
- Embossed endcap adds beauty and balance.
- Handle offers a superb grip for both left- and right-handed users.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 9"-long honing rod.
- 5"-long handle.
- 8 oz.
- Made in China.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, you should not need to sharpen your knife more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
Next Day Delivery
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
Rated 1 out of 5 by TheFonz from Does not match the Shun Hikari set Unfortunately, the Hikari Honing Steel does not match the rest of the knives in the Hikari set. All of the knives have a beautiful metal rear bolster, however the honing steel does not. Furthermore, the wood on the honing steel is seemingly different than the knives, as well. It appears that all of the other Shun sets have a matching honing steel, so I don't understand why this one wouldn't, especially since the Hikari knives are at a higher price point than other Shun knives.Date published: 2018-03-26