Shun Hikari 8" Chef's Knife
- Special Offer
- Free Fast Shipping
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Earn $25 in reward dollars4 for every $500 spent on your Williams Sonoma Credit Card. Learn More
Named Hikari after the Japanese word for "illumination," this masterfully crafted, lightweight chef's knife is distinguished by its stunning birch PakkaWood handle and "hornet's nest" pattern. Extraordinarily sharp with a long-lasting edge, the blade's micro serrations reduce friction for clean, effortless slices that enhance the flavor of the food. This chef's knife is a must-have for heavy-duty cutting tasks, and its broad blade is useful in transferring chopped items to the pot.
- Named 2016's Kitchen Knife of the Year.
- Dual-core stainless steel blades are clad on each side with 71 micro layers of high-carbon, high-chromium stainless steel to create a "hornet's nest" pattern reminiscent of a Damascus-style blade.
- Exceedingly sharp cutting edges, hand-sharpened to a 16-degree angle, are long-lasting and easy to maintain.
- Polished bolster promotes a comfortable chef's grip.
- Durable birch PakkaWood handle resists moisture and bacteria and has a beautiful low-gloss finish.
- Embossed endcap adds beauty and balance.
- Handle offers a superb grip for both left- and right-handed users.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 8"-long blade.
- 5 1/2"-long handle.
- 7.68 oz.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, you should not need to sharpen your knife more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3-5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners, and knife storage) please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable, and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
Rated 5 out of 5 by ArtieBucco from Great material, interesting profile My previous purchases of different lines from Shun (Classic, Premier, Kaji, Blue) and their performance in a professional kitchen had me interested in checking this line for a few knives for home only use. I was interested in the Shun dual core when I noticed these at my local W S. To me the appearance of a knife is of nearly no importance but once again Shun has found the exceptions. This knife is beautiful. Out of the box they are sharp, but I took them to a 1000 and 6000 whetstones and put a narrower angle on the blades. They are the stickiest feeling knives when I run my fingers across them, sharp as you would ever want. Love using them on my days off. Only cons I could offer are the durability of the handle material. It's beautiful, comfortable and in perfect balance, but would not be something I'd take into a busy kitchen. The blade texture takes a bit more time to clean. The blade material is highest quality but thinner than other Shun knives. These are certainly reserved for thin slicing of fruits and vegetables. My level of experience with knives is very high and this knife just feels fragile, but special.Date published: 2018-11-23