Shun Hikari 7-Piece Knife Block Set
- Only at Williams Sonoma
- Free Fast Shipping
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Named Hikari after the Japanese word for "illumination," the masterfully crafted, award-winning knives in this set are distinguished by their stunning birch PakkaWood handles and "hornet's nest" pattern. Extraordinarily sharp with a long-lasting edge, the blades have microserrations that reduce friction for clean, effortless slices that enhance the flavor of the food. The set includes five essential knives, as well as a dual-textured honing steel and solid birch block for eye-catching display and easy access.
- Shares the same award-winning construction as the Hikari chef's knife – named 2016's Kitchen Knife of the Year.
- Dual-core stainless steel blades are clad on each side with 71 micro layers of high-carbon, high-chromium stainless steel to create a "hornet's nest" pattern reminiscent of a Damascus-style blade.
- Exceedingly sharp cutting edges, hand-sharpened to a 16-degree angle, are long-lasting and easy to maintain.
- Polished bolster promotes a comfortable chef's grip.
- Durable birch PakkaWood handle resists moisture and bacteria and has a beautiful low-gloss finish.
- Embossed endcap adds beauty and balance.
- Handle offers a superb grip for both left- and right-handed users.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
7-Piece Set includes:
- 4" paring knife
- 6" utility knife
- 6" chef's knife
- 8" chef's knife
- 9" bread knife
- 9" honing steel
- 8-slot storage block
- Dimensions & More Info
- 4" Paring Knife: 4"-long blade, 5"-long handle; 3.36 oz.
- 6" Utility Knife: 6"-long blade, 5"-long handle; 3.68 oz.
- 6" Chef's Knife: 6"-long blade, 5"-long handle; 5.6 oz.
- 8" Chef's Knife: 8"-long blade, 5 1/2"-long handle; 7.68 oz.
- 9" Bread Knife: 9"-long blade, 5 1/2"-long handle; 7.04 oz.
- 9" Honing Steel: 9"-long blade, 5"-long handle; 3.36 oz.
- Storage Block: 9 3/4" x 3" x 10" high; 7 lb.
- Knives made in Japan.
- Block and honing steel made in China.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, you should not need to sharpen your knife more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
- Warranty Information
Learn more about Care, Sharpening, Warranty Policy and Shipping Instructions. View details
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
Rated 5 out of 5 by MountainCondo from Beautiful set. I purchased Shun Hikari 7-Piece Knife Block Set for Christmas. These knives are wellbalanced and make me feel like a rock star in the kitchen. .Date published: 2019-03-02Rated 5 out of 5 by Famine from A house divided My wife likes German steel, but I prefer Japanese steel. After I got this set for myself, I have caught her using them several times. When I asked why she wasn't using her own Wusthof Legends set, she replied "but yours are so light and natural in my hands."Date published: 2018-11-02Rated 5 out of 5 by STLKLK from The Hikari knives are perfect I bought these knives 2 weeks ago. After looking online at all of the different knife options (German vs Japanese and the varying options in each brand),I went into the store and looked at them in person. I was lucky to have a Shun rep in the store, we got all of the knives down and I was able to hold them in my hand. These were my perfect match.These knives are so light and very sharp. The handle and weight felt great. And then practicing on a carrot in the store, I was amazed how thin of a slice I could cut. It was worth every penny of my investment in these knives.Date published: 2018-10-30Rated 5 out of 5 by Trevor from Extremely sharp and beautiful knives! Pulled the trigger and ordered this set of knives, and I couldn't be happier. However, I hate the knife block because it's difficult to store and retrieve knives from it when it's on the counter below the upper cabinets. Fortunately though I still had my block from my previous set of knives, so I've just decided to use that instead.Date published: 2017-09-15
What is supposed to fill the two open holes in the 7 piece set? Hi Tgoose30, The very large open slot is intended for shears. The other slot can be used for a paring knife or utility knife or your choice.Date published: 2019-03-11