Shun Hikari 6" Serrated Utility Knife
- Only at Williams Sonoma
- Premier Deal
- Free Fast Shipping
- Premier Deal
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Named hikari after the Japanese word for illumination, this lightweight masterfully crafted knife is distinguished by its stunning birch PakkaWood handle and "hornet's nest" Damascus blade pattern. Extraordinarily sharp with a long-lasting edge, the blade features micro serrations that reduce friction for clean, effortless slicing of everything from ripe avocados to hard cheese.
- Shares the same award-winning construction as the hikari chef's knife – named 2016's Kitchen Knife of the Year.
- Dual-core stainless-steel blade is clad on each side with 71 micro layers of high-carbon, high-chromium stainless steel to create a "hornet's nest" pattern reminiscent of a Damascus-style blade.
- Exceedingly sharp cutting edge – hand sharpened to a 16-degree angle – is long-lasting and easy to maintain.
- Polished bolster promotes comfortable grip.
- Durable birch PakkaWood handle resists moisture and bacteria, and features low-gloss finish.
- Handle offers superb grip for both left- and right-handed users.
- Embossed endcap adds beauty and balance.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 6" blade, 5 1/4" handle.
- 5.6 oz.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach and citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, you should not need to sharpen knife more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional. Kai USA will sharpen Shun cutlery for free for as long as you own it – all you need to do is pay for shipping.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.