Shun Fuji 6" Chef's Knife with Stand
- Special Offer
When it comes to fast, precise chopping and slicing, this is the ultimate all-purpose knife for cooks who favor the lightness and super-sharpness of Eastern cutlery. The slightly oversize, deep-bellied blade features a core of SG2 steel that holds an exquisitely fine edge with unparalleled durability. Inspired by the high-performance knives used by Japanese chefs, our exclusive Shun Fuji collection represents the very best in cutlery craftsmanship and technology.
- Developed for the experienced cook who prefers the lightness and razor sharpness of Eastern-style blades.
- The blade's core of SG2 steel is clad on each side with Damascus steel composed of 80 alternating layers of nickel and stainless steel.
- Resulting 161-layer blade is thin and light yet strong and hard, with a supersharp cutting edge.
- Handle is dark tagayasan wood, an extremely dense wood traditionally used in Japan to make samurai sword handles.
- The double chestnut handle shape has finger ridges on both sides for a comfortable, ambidextrous grip.
- End cap made of polished Damascus steel.
- Includes a display stand.
- Shun Fuji collection won the “Kitchen Knife of the Year Award” at the U.S. 2011 Blade Show for the best in new product quality and design.
- 160 handcrafted steps to produce each Fuji knife.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- A Williams Sonoma exclusive.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 6"-long blade.
- 5 1/2"-long handle.
- 7.25 oz.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, you should not need to sharpen your knife more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
Next Day Delivery
Orders reciived by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday thorugh Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
- Gift with Purchase
- Warranty Information
Learn more about Care, Sharpening, Warranty Policy and Shipping Instructions. View details
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
Rated 5 out of 5 by WhatsCookinGoodLookin from Spectacular Knife Performs beautifully. Nicely balanced, Natural texture to the wood gives the Eastern handle a nice grip, boosting confidence for my Western-oriented hand. Chestnut-shaped handle is good for either hand. I'm glad I made this purchase. Staff were superb with helpful comparisons and product knowledge--an asset when making an investment for such an essential and high-end kitchen tool. I look forward to adding more knives to my kitchen from this line over time.Date published: 2015-02-26Rated 5 out of 5 by TeeLK from Beautiful knife I like using this knife and I like looking at it. I'm glad that I have a stand for it so that I know it is safe. However -- I now have a perplexing problem that I didn't consider when I bought the knife. It will have to be honed and it will have to be sharpened and I have neither the skills nor the tools to do that. I don't want to damage the knife in any way!Date published: 2015-02-22Rated 1 out of 5 by Review123 from Disappointed in product We were very excited to receive this monogram knife, but when it arrived, there was a nick in the blade shaped like a little triangle. WS was great in setting up a replacement product shipment and arranged for the damaged product to be returned. While I'm disappointed the product took a while to receive and was damaged when it arrived -- I'm looking forward to the replacement and hope it lives up to its impressive appearance/performance in the kitchen.Date published: 2015-01-26Rated 5 out of 5 by ggsprock from My Favorite Kitchen Knife I am just thrilled with my new Shun Fuji knife. The very first thing I tried was wafer thin tomato slices and I was amused to see that even some seeds were sliced in two. The only detraction would be the monogram. There should be a choice of fonts and perhaps an animation to see what the finished product will look like. If I focus only on mechanical aspects, however, I could not ask for better balance, shape, fit, and performance from a kitchen knife.Date published: 2015-01-19Rated 4 out of 5 by Belener from Not totally impressed This is undeniably a gorgeous knife, but I wasn't blown away by the performance. I did a side-by-side comparison with my 10-year-old Henckels chef and santoku knives (sharpened somewhat haphazardly by me over the years), cutting carrots, potatoes, shallots, tomatoes, and chicken. The Shun did as well as my old knives, but not any better, and actually squashed a tomato. It's a very good knife, but I couldn't justify keeping it.Date published: 2015-01-05Rated 5 out of 5 by ShunEnthusiast from My First Shun Knife My first Shun knife from WS, Fuji 6" Chef. I couldn't believe how smooth and effortless it slices through vegetables and meat. I am comparing it directly with my Wusthof utility which was just sharpened and still nowhere near the Shun Fuji. I am now considering purchasing more Shun knives. Love the handle and grip on the Fuji, the tagayasan wood handle feels just right in my hand. Very expensive line of cutlery, but for those who have tried it or have friends recommending it, these are the knives that need to be in your kitchen, IMHO. Money well-spent. I am not a professional chef nor cook, but my wife has noticed I have been volunteering to chop vegetables and cook more after she bought me the knife! Definitely recommending this knife to anyone . L-O-V-E it! Shun is awesome!!!Date published: 2014-12-07Rated 5 out of 5 by ewachef from work of art chef knife This is one of the most beautiful objects, kitchen of not, that you will ever touch. Craftsmanship is impeccable, balance and materials are without peer, and the damascus steel is both durable and sharp enough to shave with. Highly recommended!Date published: 2014-08-29Rated 5 out of 5 by Shebop from NOTHING SHORT OF AMAZING This is an incredible knife. I own several Wüsthof knives, which I love, but they can't compare to this knife. I have been a loyal Wüsthof customer for years and I still love their knives; however, I am so thankful I decided to give this knife a whirl. I will be buying more Shun Fuji knives. The precision, lightweight, and effortless movement of this knife is unbelievable. You have to try it for yourself to believe it. You will not be disappointed with this purchase.Date published: 2013-11-11