Shun Fuji 6 1/2" Nakiri Knife
- Special Offer
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Earn $25 in reward dollars4 for every $500 spent on your Williams Sonoma Credit Card. Learn More
The straight-bladed nakiri, or Japanese vegetable knife, is an incredibly useful blade for chopping a wide variety of produce with push cuts. The Damascus blade pattern releases food easily as you cut. Inspired by the high-performance knives used by Japanese chefs, our exclusive Shun Fuji collection represents the very best in cutlery craftsmanship and technology.
- Developed for the experienced cook who prefers the lightness and razor sharpness of Eastern-style blades.
- Handcrafted with 161-layer Damascus construction.
- The blade's core of SG2 steel is clad on each side with 80 alternating layers of nickel and stainless steel.
- Handle is dark tagayasan wood, an extremely dense wood traditionally used in Japan to make samurai sword handles.
- The double chestnut handle shape has finger ridges on both sides for a comfortable, ambidextrous grip.
- End cap made of polished Damascus steel.
- Shun Fuji collection won the "Kitchen Knife of the Year Award" at the U.S. 2011 Blade Show for the best in new product quality and design.
- 160 handcrafted steps to produce each Fuji knife.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 6 1/2"-long blade, 6 1/2"-long handle.
- 8 oz.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
- Warranty Information
Learn more about Care, Sharpening, Warranty Policy and Shipping Instructions. View details
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
Rated 5 out of 5 by LONETREERUNNER from Go-to vegetable knife Amazing knife! Cutting carrots into batons was almost like cutting through butter start to finish.Ultra sharp, a dream to use, almost effortless to cut through carrots.Like WOW! I will not be using my chefs knife for vegetables.Date published: 2017-04-21Rated 5 out of 5 by MstyMntnTop from Do yourself a favor and get one My wife and I really wanted to add the Fuji 5.5" Santoku to our 7-piece set. We kept putting the purchase off since we had another Santoku, of a different brand, but when we decided to pull the trigger on it, this Nakiri was on the WS site. I was a little familiar with this style of knife, so we decided to purchase this over the Santoku. Boy are we glad we did. This knife outperforms a Santoku by a long shot for chopping. Notice how flat the blade is on the Nakiri and then look at the Santoku or Chef's knife. The Santoku and Chef's have a curved belly. This means that there is not a lot of blade surface touching the cutting board at once. The Nakiri blade almost makes contact across the entire length. The end of the blade does have some curve, so you can still rock the blade some when chopping. Have you ever cut green onions and find that they are all still stuck together? Well this will not happen with the Nakiri. The flat blade cuts all the way through to the cutting board.Date published: 2017-01-17