Shun Dual-Core Kiritsuke Knife, 8"
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Handcrafted in Japan, Shun Dual-Core knives are a brilliant pairing of strength and beauty. Two types of stainless steel are welded and forged together to produce the stunning Damascus pattern and a super-strong blade that holds its sharp edge, requiring less honing. The long-bladed kiritsuke is essentially an all-purpose Japanese chef's knife, ideal for cleaning and portioning boneless meats as well as dicing, slicing or julienning vegetables.
- 71 alternating micro layers of high-carbon, high-chromium VG10 and VG2 stainless steels welded together and fold-forged to produce an extremely strong, fine-grained steel.
- With normal use the two steels will wear at different rates, creating micro serrations along the edge for long-lasting sharpness.
- Hand-sharpened 16-degree double-bevel blade.
- Etched laminations in the blade reduce drag, releasing foods more quickly and easily.
- Traditional Japanese octagonal handle in ebony PakkaWood.
- Shun Cutlery’s new Dual Core Kiritsuke was named the 2014 Kitchen Knife of the Year at the annual Blade Show.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 8"-long blade, 5"-long handle. 15.3 oz.
- Includes wooden sheath.
- Knife handcrafted in Japan; sheath made in China.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
- Warranty Information
Learn more about Care, Sharpening, Warranty Policy and Shipping Instructions. View details
- Price Match Guarantee
Williams Sonoma Price Match Guarantee
At Williams Sonoma, we're committed to bringing you the best quality at the best prices.
If you find a lower price on any of our products, we'll match it—guaranteed. Click here for details.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Rated 5 out of 5 by Barkode from An amazing piece As someone who loves both cooking and metalwork, I find this knife amazing on multiple levels. It's flawlessly beautiful and functional, as well as technically impressive from an engineering and metallurgical standpoint. I use it almost daily and it never fails to impress me. It's a very traditional Japanese design that utilizes materials and crafting techniques that didn't even exist until relatively recently. How fitting that it's handcrafed in a country where ancient traditions and cutting-edge technology harmoniously coexist.Date published: 2016-02-05