Shun Classic Wide Paring Knife
- Special Offer
This paring knife has a wide blade that proves handy for crushing garlic and transferring finely chopped ingredients to your bowl or pot. The size and shape are so versatile, this tool essentially functions as a small utility knife for a range of cutting tasks.
- VG-MAX "super steel" blade is clad on each side with 34 microthin layers of stainless steel, creating a variegated look reminiscent of a Damascus-style blade.
- Exceedingly sharp cutting edge is long lasting and easy to maintain.
- Durable PakkaWood handle resists moisture and has a D shape, to sit comfortably in the hand.
- 4 1/4"-long blade.
- This NSF-certified knife meets the high-level safety standards for professional kitchens.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- A Williams Sonoma exclusive.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
Next Day Delivery
- Gift with Purchase
- Warranty Information
Learn more about Care, Sharpening, Warranty Policy and Shipping Instructions. View details
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
Rated 5 out of 5 by CGRTexas from Great paring knife Love this paring knife - perfect weight keeps a sharp edge. A great addition to my Shun knives.Date published: 2015-01-15Rated 5 out of 5 by Roody from Great Knife We have a full set of the Shun Classic knives and purchased this one to replace a damaged paring knife. Outstanding edges, steel, and feel.Date published: 2015-01-13Rated 5 out of 5 by musicmom from Love this knife now I want all sizes in Shun. This is the best knife I have ever had. Now I hate all my other knives and have ordered other sizes of Shun. Try it you will love it!Date published: 2015-01-12Rated 4 out of 5 by wrobelan from WIDE paring knife I recently purchased this knife for myself and several others. Overall, everyone has enjoyed it, but as the title of this review, and of the knife itself, indicates, this knife is really quite wide. I think people who use a paring knife to peel, which is not something I generally do, will find it cumbersome or even uncomfortable. It is great for small off-board and on-board cutting. I note this because I also have the Shun Edo paring, another wide knife, that many have complained about due to its girth. I can say I recommend it, but I think a trip to the store to check it out first would be prudent.Date published: 2015-01-12Rated 5 out of 5 by TFoodie from Wow - A Great Kitchen Tool This knife fits perfectly in my hand, surgically sharp - be careful. Does a great job - luv it!!!Date published: 2015-01-07