Shun Classic Honing Steel
- Special Offer
Special Offer: When you spend $500.00 or more, at one time, on All-Clad (Cookware, Tools, or Electrics) through July 31, 2017, you will receive an All-Clad Stainless Steel Lasagna Pan and two All-Clad branded red cotton oven mitts (retail value $170). Enter Online
Registrant: We'll send you a gift (a $110 value) when purchases of All-Clad items from your Registry total $800 or more. Enter Online
To guarantee top performance from your cutlery, use this steel to hone knife blades. The forged-steel rod helps restore a knife's sharp edge by trueing it – that is, smoothing and realigning the blade's cutting edge.
- Built-in 16-degree guide helps you hone at the correct angle.
- Rod is forged from high-carbon steel.
- Durable PakkaWood handle resists moisture and has a D shape, to sit comfortably in the hand.
- Designed by Shun, a Japanese company that has produced fine cutlery for more than 90 years.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 9"-long rod.
- 4 3/4"-long handle.
- 7.5 oz.
- Made in China.
- Use & Care
- Use with straight-edged knives only; not for use with serrated blades.
- Steel length should measure at least as long as the knife being honed.
- Line up the knife with the guide and make a few light strokes on each side of the blade.
- Depending on how often you use your knives, you may wish to hone once a week.
- Should metal filings accumulate on the steel, remove them with a damp cloth.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 4-5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
Next Day Delivery
Orders received by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable, and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
- Warranty Information
- Warranty Information
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
Rated 4 out of 5 by CulinaryCailliers from Decent honing steel The Shun honing steel does decent job, it's not great due to the fact it rusts easily and should have a larger guard.Date published: 2017-06-13