Shun Classic Hollow-Ground Slicer
- Special Offer
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Earn $25 in reward dollars4 for every $500 spent on your Williams Sonoma Credit Card. Learn More
Designed to create thin, uniform slices of everything from roast meats to smoked salmon, this precision knife is equally proficient at cutting fruits and vegetables. Hollow ovals ground into the blade reduce friction and prevent bits of food from sticking to the knife.
- VG-MAX "super steel" blade is clad on each side with 34 microthin layers of stainless steel, creating a variegated look reminiscent of a Damascus-style blade.
- Indentations along the blade reduce friction and keep slices from sticking.
- Exceedingly sharp cutting edge is long lasting and easy to maintain.
- Durable PakkaWood handle resists moisture and has a D shape, to sit comfortably in the hand.
- Available in right- and left-handed versions.
- This NSF-certified knife meets the high-level safety standards for professional kitchens.
- 9"-long blade, 5"-long handle; 6.8 oz.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within 3-5 business days of our receiving your order.
Next Day Delivery
Orders received by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners, and knife storage) please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
- Warranty Information
Learn more about Care, Sharpening, Warranty Policy and Shipping Instructions. View details
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
Rated 5 out of 5 by CulinaryCailliers from Perfect for slicing We usually only use this knife when slicing larger proteins like ham, turkey's or larger roasts. This knife always comes through for us. We purchased 9 different Shun knives and have been satisfied with all of them. Shun makes a care kit for their knives (WS sells it) and it extends the lives of the knives. WS will sharpen them for you but you can send them to Shun and they will sharpen for free and do any repair work if needed.Date published: 2017-06-14Rated 5 out of 5 by OneShot from One of the Best Knives on Earth. I had also purchased my first "Shun - Ken Onion" and fell in love with the grip, size, angle, etc... of the handle and returned this "Shun - Classic" to exchange it for several more "Shun - Ken Onion" knives, etc... They are incredible for those of us that have "Arthritis", the "Ken Onion" series requires little hand strength to hold and use.Date published: 2012-02-02