Shun Classic Hollow-Ground 4" Santoku Knife
- Special Offer
Combining the benefits of a chef's knife and cleaver, this compact 4" hollow-ground santoku is indispensable for chopping, slicing and dicing. Oval indentations on the blade's sides reduce friction to produce clean, uniform cuts and minimize sticking.
- VG-MAX "super steel" blade is clad on each side with 34 microthin layers of stainless steel, creating a variegated look reminiscent of a Damascus-style blade.
- The wide, angle-tipped blade combines the best features of a chef's knife and a cleaver.
- Indentations along the blade reduce friction and keep slices from sticking.
- Exceedingly sharp cutting edge is long lasting and easy to maintain.
- Durable PakkaWood handle resists moisture and has a D shape, to sit comfortably in the hand.
- 4" santoku: 4"-long blade; 4"-long handle; 3 oz.
- This NSF-certified knife meets the high-level safety standards for professional kitchens.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
Next Day Delivery
Orders reciived by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday thorugh Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
- Gift with Purchase
- Warranty Information
Learn more about Care, Sharpening, Warranty Policy and Shipping Instructions. View details
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
Rated 5 out of 5 by YANKEE1 from cuts so easy! Love this addition to my Shun knives. It handles easy & slices great. Love the knife.Date published: 2016-01-12Rated 5 out of 5 by imeldasue from Shun knifes are my favorite I have used several brands of knifes. Global knifes are more attractive to me but I find Shun the sharpest. The only negative is the knife may feel too small for a large hand.Date published: 2016-01-12Rated 4 out of 5 by wrobelan from Little knife that could... This is a sharp little knife that is thin behind the edge. Great addition for the board.Date published: 2015-04-15Rated 5 out of 5 by sandyspicks from Love this knife Shun is a great brand. I have enjoyed using the shun knives.Date published: 2015-04-03Rated 5 out of 5 by Mwalt050 from Perfect size for go to knife This knife is just the right size for all kinds of uses. It's light & easy to use.Date published: 2015-03-24