Shun Classic Hollow-Ground 4" Santoku Knife
- Special Offer
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Combining the benefits of a chef's knife and cleaver, this compact 4" hollow-ground santoku is indispensable for chopping, slicing and dicing. Oval indentations on the blade's sides reduce friction to produce clean, uniform cuts and minimize sticking.
- VG-MAX "super steel" blade is clad on each side with 34 microthin layers of stainless steel, creating a variegated look reminiscent of a Damascus-style blade.
- The wide, angle-tipped blade combines the best features of a chef's knife and a cleaver.
- Indentations along the blade reduce friction and keep slices from sticking.
- Exceedingly sharp cutting edge is long lasting and easy to maintain.
- Durable PakkaWood handle resists moisture and has a D shape, to sit comfortably in the hand.
- 4" santoku: 4"-long blade; 4"-long handle; 3 oz.
- This NSF-certified knife meets the high-level safety standards for professional kitchens.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within
3-5 business days of our receiving your order.
Next Day Delivery
Orders reciived by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday thorugh Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
- Warranty Information
Learn more about Care, Sharpening, Warranty Policy and Shipping Instructions. View details
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
Rated 5 out of 5 by YANKEE1 from cuts so easy! Love this addition to my Shun knives. It handles easy & slices great. Love the knife.Date published: 2016-01-12Rated 5 out of 5 by imeldasue from Shun knifes are my favorite I have used several brands of knifes. Global knifes are more attractive to me but I find Shun the sharpest. The only negative is the knife may feel too small for a large hand.Date published: 2016-01-12Rated 4 out of 5 by wrobelan from Little knife that could... This is a sharp little knife that is thin behind the edge. Great addition for the board.Date published: 2015-04-15Rated 5 out of 5 by sandyspicks from Love this knife Shun is a great brand. I have enjoyed using the shun knives.Date published: 2015-04-03Rated 5 out of 5 by Mwalt050 from Perfect size for go to knife This knife is just the right size for all kinds of uses. It's light & easy to use.Date published: 2015-03-24