Shun Classic Hollow-Ground Chef’s Knives
- Special Offer
Indispensable for everyday cutting tasks from chopping to slicing, Shun's chef's knife features a supersharp blade hollow-ground with indentations that reduce friction and minimize sticking.
- VG-MAX "super steel" blade is clad on each side with 34 microthin layers of stainless steel, creating a variegated look reminiscent of a Damascus-style blade.
- Indentations along the blade reduce friction and keep slices from sticking.
- Exceedingly sharp cutting edge is long lasting and easy to maintain.
- Durable PakkaWood handle resists moisture and has a D shape, to sit comfortably in the hand.
- This NSF-certified knife meets the high-level safety standards for professional kitchens.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 6" chef's knife: 6" -long blade, 5" -long handle; 5.9 oz.
- 8" chef's knife: 8"-long blade, 5"-long handle; 7.8 oz.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 4-5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
Next Day Delivery
Orders received by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable, and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
- Gift with Purchase
- Warranty Information
Learn more about Care, Sharpening, Warranty Policy and Shipping Instructions. View details
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
Rated 5 out of 5 by DrEllen from The Perfect Knife I bought a Shun knife a couple of months ago. It was so amazing, I ended up buying two more (in different sizes. It is absolutely the best knife I have ever owned. It cuts with ease tomatoes PAPER THIN, and equally impressive, any other fruit or vegetable I have - all without any exerction on my part. A friend of mine mentioned she could never find a good knife. I gifted her one. She is delighted, and plans on buying additional ones for herself. IT IS 'THE PERFECT KNIFE.'Date published: 2014-08-30Rated 5 out of 5 by TeteATarte from Excellent Knife Love this knife. It gets the job done. I will say that I did have the earlier incarnation of it last year and while sharp and a dream to handle, that blade was just too thin and within about 2 months the point chipped off and another nick made its way into the blade. I returned the defective knife to WS. The replacement knife seems to have a slighty thicker blade than before and this seems to be making the difference: the same sharpness without the fragility. Go for it!Date published: 2014-03-02Rated 5 out of 5 by Donna61 from My new favorite chef's knife Excellent knife...extremely sharp, glides through vegetables...great for chopping.Date published: 2013-08-13Rated 5 out of 5 by Cookindad from Favorite gift I've been giving Shun knives as gifts to good friends and family. I love them and they are always well received. Easy to order from WSDate published: 2012-12-30