Shun Classic Flexible Fillet Knife, 7"
- Special Offer
Produced by Japan’s leading blade manufacturer, Shun knives reflect the craftsmanship of a centuries-old tradition of Japanese knife making. The Shun Classic Flexible Fillet Knife's featres a long, curved blade, reminiscent of traditional samurai swords, that separates meat from bone with one precise cut, and the knife's optimal flexibility ensures maximum yield.
- Blades are crafted of AUS8A, a high-carbon stainless steel offering strength, hardness and resistance to wear as well as the ideal amount of flex.
- Exceedingly sharp cutting edge is long lasting and easy to maintain.
- Durable PakkaWood handle resist moisture and have a D shape, to sit comfortably in the hand.
- This NSF-certified knife meets the high-level safety standards for professional kitchens.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, you should not need to sharpen your knife more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 4-5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
Next Day Delivery
Orders received by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable, and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
- Gift with Purchase
- Warranty Information
Learn more about Care, Sharpening, Warranty Policy and Shipping Instructions. View details
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
Rated 5 out of 5 by BlackHog6 from Very Nice Knife The Shun Classic Flexible Knife was an excellent purchase. The knife is well balanced, very light (for it's size) and very sharp. I will be able to use this knife for several year in the future.Date published: 2012-06-28