Shun Classic Dual-Density Utility Knife
- Special Offer
This innovative knife is one of the most versatile in the kitchen, thanks to a unique dual-frequency serrated blade that cuts easily through crusts of bread or soft foods like tomatoes. It’s handcrafted in Japan by Shun, whose exceptional craftsmanship reflects a centuries-old tradition of Japanese knife making.
- VG-MAX "super steel" blade is clad on each side with 34 microthin layers of stainless steel, creating a variegated look reminiscent of a Damascus-style blade.
- The unique combination of low- and high-frequency serrations guarantees unsurpassed performance.
- Low-frequency serrations help minimize resistance between blade and cutting board.
- High-frequency serrations reduce tearing when cutting soft-skinned foods (like tomatoes) or slicing through hard crusts.
- Durable PakkaWood handle resists moisture and has a D shape, to sit comfortably in the hand.
- This NSF-certified knife meets the high-level safety standards for professional kitchens.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- A Williams Sonoma exclusive.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 7"-long blade.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a sharpener designed for a serrated blade, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
Next Day Delivery
Orders reciived by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday thorugh Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
- Gift with Purchase
- Warranty Information
Learn more about Care, Sharpening, Warranty Policy and Shipping Instructions. View details
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
Rated 5 out of 5 by salsalisa from Great versatile knife This knife is an easy-to-use size and quickly cuts through everything from bagels to vegetables. I'm glad I got it from my wedding registry.Date published: 2016-01-04Rated 5 out of 5 by soccermom25 from SUPER sharp! My husband & I debated for awhile as to whether or not to purchase this knife because of the cost. However, we both love to cook & have invested in copper cookware & Wusthof knives, so we decided to go for it. Wow!!! This knife slices through bagels, bread, tomatoes (& even Velveeta!) with ease! LOVE IT! It's a great addition to our kitchen!Date published: 2013-04-01Rated 5 out of 5 by Hammockgeek from Knife of many uses I grab this knife for many uses, particularly cutting crusty bread and slicing tomatoes. Have also given it to both adult (and foodie) daughters. Very versatile!Date published: 2013-03-15Rated 5 out of 5 by DesertCook1 from The Best Knife This is a fabulous knife, why didn't I buy before?! I can't say enough good about the knife, unfortunately it is very expensive but worth every penny!Date published: 2013-03-12Rated 5 out of 5 by HollyMA from Great overall kitchen knife Great knife; use it every morning making lunches for my family. I used to use the smaller Shun utility knife, which is still great for smaller kitchen tasks such as slicing tomatoes, but the Shun Classic Dual Density is bigger and sharper and slices through thick sandwiches and bread with ease.Date published: 2013-03-12Rated 5 out of 5 by rigged from Another Great Shun I am a big fan of Shun knives and this knife proves why. Great utility knife and a "must have" for any kitchen.Date published: 2013-03-12Rated 5 out of 5 by doni from My New Shun Classic Knife Received my knife recently. When I opened it up I told my Husband how sharp it was and cut my finger as I did with the last knife I ordered, so that is a plus. No stiches, just a little cut, but it is wonderful. Cuts a tomato and today I cut up a chicken- no problem. Great knife.Date published: 2013-03-11Rated 3 out of 5 by Mes567 from Crushed inside box My knife arrived in a nice big box but the box inside that actually held the knife was crushed. Not sure why they would mail what looks like a second out. The knife is sharp but is very thin and the end curves to one side. Not sure if this was due to box being damaged or not. Great price but not wont buy any more knives on line if this is what happens.Date published: 2013-03-11