Shun Classic 12" Brisket Knife
- Special Offer
- Free Fast Shipping
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Shun knives are masterfully crafted by Japan's leading blade manufacturer, reflecting the centuries-old tradition of knife-making. This brisket knife features a long, narrow blade to slice larger cuts of meat in a single pass, ensuring that more of the juices—and flavor—remain inside the meat. Hollow-ground indentations on the razor-sharp blade helps release food more easily. A wooden saya (sheath) protects the blade and makes it simple to transport to a barbecue or celebratory gathering.
- Long, narrow blade enables elegant slices in a single pass.
- Rounded tip makes the knife safer and easier to use.
- VG-MAX "super steel" blade is clad on each side with 34 microthin layers of stainless steel, creating a variegated look reminiscent of a Damascus-style blade.
- Exceedingly sharp cutting edge is long lasting and easy to maintain.
- Indentations along the blade reduce friction and keep slices from sticking.
- Durable PakkaWood handle resists moisture and features a D shape that sits comfortably in the hand.
- This NSF-certified knife meets the high-level safety standards for professional kitchens.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 12"-long blade.
- 4 1/2"-long handle.
- 10.8 oz.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, you should not need to sharpen your knife more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Captain R from Awsome brisket knife I have had this knife for a while now as it was a gift. It is a beautiful and extremely functional knife. The weight is perfect for it's purpose and the blade is so sharp that you simply need to pull it through you brisket or ribs to slice. No sawing motion which causes lost juices. I recommend this knife. The fit and finish is excellent as is the case for transporting.Date published: 2018-12-31Rated 2 out of 5 by Disappointed user from Good looking but not sharp I expected more. The knife is heavy and doesn’t seem very sharp. I am disappointed that it doesn’t slice betterDate published: 2018-03-04
It appears that the handle of the 12” Brisket Knife does not match those of the other Shun Classic knives. Is that correct, and is there a reason?Hi H123, The handle of this brisket knife is made of the same pakka wood used for Shun Classic knives. Some knife handles vary in shape or size depending on the purpose of the knife.Date published: 2019-02-08