SCANPAN Classic 5 1/2" Tomato Knife
- Vendor Shipped
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
The newly upgraded Scanpan® Classic knife series is produced by Scanpan of Denmark, known for its eco-friendly nonstick cookware. Each blade is fully forged from high-quality German stainless steel to stay sharp. The ergonomic handle provides a solid grip while the shape of the bolster delivers optimal weight and balance. Ideal for cutting tomatoes, this serrated knife has a forked tip for spearing small pieces of cheese and vegetables.
- Perfect for slicing tomatoes, citrus, vegetables and cheese.
- Forked tip for spearing cut cheese and vegetables.
- Serrated blade is forged from high-carbon Cromova German stainless steel and heat-treated for hardness.
- Conical ground edge provides long-lasting sharpness.
- Bolster design promotes a pinch grip for greater control.
- Poly handle is ergonomically shaped and rounded for a comfortable grip.
- Full-tang construction.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 5 1/2" blade, 5" handle.
- 1.6 oz.
- Made in China.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Store knives in a block or magnetic rack to prevent injury.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Dry thoroughly before storing.
- Knives that are used regularly should be sharpened 3–4 times per month with a knife sharpener that has a ceramic grindstone.
- Serrated knives require a special sharpener.
- Knives that are used regularly should be honed once per month. Hone at an angle of approx. 15 degrees on either side; the total sharpening angle is approx. 30 degrees.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Mom of Max from Great knife at outstanding price Most of my quality kitchen knives are Wusthof Ikon, which I absolutely love. I really wanted to add a dedicated tomato knife to my collection, but I was having a difficult time justifying the price of the one from the Ikon line, given that it seemed to have one purpose. Then I saw that SCANPAN had one for less than thirty dollars. Given the price, I decided to order it despite not testing it out first (WS doesn't stock them in my local store). I was very pleasantly surprised by the quality of this knife. It was razor sharp out of the box and has stayed that way even after a month of near daily use. And I use it for more than just tomatoes - it is now my go-to knife for citrus. Very happy with this purchase.Date published: 2019-10-22