Salsa Garden Seed Kit
Salsas are so much livelier when prepared with fresh-picked vegetables from your own garden. A fun gift for gardeners and cooks, our kit provides seeds for growing salsa ingredients to harvest all season long. Get an early start and sow the seeds in the included pots, then transplant the seedlings to larger containers or out to the garden.
- Kit includes:
- Six metal tins of vegetable seeds: beefsteak tomato, jalapeno pepper, Anaheim pepper, slow bolt cilantro, tomatillo and onion.
- Six coco fiber pots for starting seeds.
- Six soil pellets.
- Six wooden plant markers.
- Hand-stamped cotton muslin drawstring bag.
- Growing instructions.
Dimensions & More Info
- Six metal seed tins: (0.25g–0.5g each)
- Six soil pellets; when moistened, each expands to produce 3 to 4 oz. soil.
- Pots: 2 1/2" diam., 2 1/4" high.
- Wooden markers: 4" long.
- Made in USA.
- Tomato 'Beefsteak' (Solanum lycopersicum): Large, meaty red tomatoes can weigh 1-2 lb. each. Use in salsa, salads, sandwiches and sauces.
- Jalapeno pepper (Capsicum annuum): Small, 3"-long green to red peppers are medium hot. Use in salsas, sandwiches and Mexican dishes.
- Anaheim pepper (Capsicum annuum): Long, thin, mild-flavored pepper that starts green and matures to red. Ideal in salsa and for roasting.
- Slow bolt cilantro (Coriandrum sativum): Grows quickly and can be harvested repeatedly for its leaves, steams and seeds (known as coriander).
- Tomatillo 'Grande rio verde' (Physalis ixocarpa): Large-fruited tomatillo variety with sweet green fruit 2-3" across, enclosed in papery husk.
- Onion 'Walla walla' (Allium cepa): Delicious, mild, sweet white onion about 4" across.
Use & Care
- Place soil pellet in bottom of peat pot, and add water. Allow pellet to slowly expand, then fluff soil.
- Add 3-5 seeds to soil, and gently push down into soil until seed is just barely covered. Do not plant too deeply!
- Place pot in a warm spot with plenty of light.
- Make sure soil never dries out, or gets too soggy. Soil should be consistently damp at all times.
- Seedlings should emerge in approx. 5–20 days, depending on seed variety and temperature.
- Once grown a few inches, thin to strongest seedling. You can then transplant (pot and all) outdoors, or into a larger pot.
Next Day Delivery
Salsa Garden Seed Kit
|Salsa Garden Seed Kit||$29.95||$0|