Salsa Garden Seed Kit
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Earn $50 in reward dollars4 for every $500 spent on your Williams Sonoma Credit Card through March 25. Learn More
Salsas are so much livelier when prepared with fresh-picked vegetables from your own garden. A fun gift for gardeners and cooks, our kit provides seeds for growing salsa ingredients to harvest all season long. Get an early start and sow the seeds in the included pots, then transplant the seedlings to larger containers or out to the garden.
- Kit includes:
- Six metal tins of vegetable seeds: beefsteak tomato, jalapeno pepper, Anaheim pepper, slow bolt cilantro, tomatillo and onion.
- Six coco fiber pots for starting seeds.
- Six soil pellets.
- Six wooden plant markers.
- Hand-stamped cotton muslin drawstring bag.
- Growing instructions.
- Dimensions & More Info
- Six metal seed tins: (0.25g–0.5g each)
- Six soil pellets; when moistened, each expands to produce 3 to 4 oz. soil.
- Pots: 2 1/2" diam., 2 1/4" high.
- Wooden markers: 4" long.
- Made in USA.
- Tomato 'Beefsteak' (Solanum lycopersicum): Large, meaty red tomatoes can weigh 1-2 lb. each. Use in salsa, salads, sandwiches and sauces.
- Jalapeno pepper (Capsicum annuum): Small, 3"-long green to red peppers are medium hot. Use in salsas, sandwiches and Mexican dishes.
- Anaheim pepper (Capsicum annuum): Long, thin, mild-flavored pepper that starts green and matures to red. Ideal in salsa and for roasting.
- Slow bolt cilantro (Coriandrum sativum): Grows quickly and can be harvested repeatedly for its leaves, steams and seeds (known as coriander).
- Tomatillo 'Grande rio verde' (Physalis ixocarpa): Large-fruited tomatillo variety with sweet green fruit 2-3" across, enclosed in papery husk.
- Onion 'Walla walla' (Allium cepa): Delicious, mild, sweet white onion about 4" across.
- Use & Care
- Place soil pellet in bottom of peat pot, and add water. Allow pellet to slowly expand, then fluff soil.
- Add 3-5 seeds to soil, and gently push down into soil until seed is just barely covered. Do not plant too deeply!
- Place pot in a warm spot with plenty of light.
- Make sure soil never dries out, or gets too soggy. Soil should be consistently damp at all times.
- Seedlings should emerge in approx. 5–20 days, depending on seed variety and temperature.
- Once grown a few inches, thin to strongest seedling. You can then transplant (pot and all) outdoors, or into a larger pot.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.