Salad Garden Seed Kit
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Earn $25 in reward dollars4 for every $500 spent on your Williams Sonoma Credit Card. Learn More
There's something so satisfying about going out to the garden to pick ripe vegetables for a salad. Our seed kit lets you grow six vegetables from seed and reap the bounty for tossing together delicious, healthy salads. Get an early start and sow the seeds in the included pots, then transplant the seedlings to larger containers or out to the garden. A great gift for gardeners and cooks.
- Kit includes:
- Six metal tins of vegetable seeds: oak leaf lettuce, spinach, arugula, carrot, tomato and cucumber.
- Six coco fiber pots for starting seeds.
- Six soil pellets.
- Six wooden plant markers.
- Hand-stamped cotton muslin drawstring bag.
- Growing instructions.
- Dimensions & More Info
- Six metal seed tins: (0.25g–0.5g each)
- Six soil pellets; when moistened, each expands to produce 3 to 4 oz. soil.
- Pots: 2 1/2" diam., 2 1/4" high.
- Wooden markers: 4" long.
- Made in USA.
- Lettuce 'Oak leaf' (Lactuca sativa): Beautiful, large, oak-leaf shaped leaves are delicious in salads, on sandwiches or picked young for mesclun.
- Spinach 'Bloomsdale' (Spinacia oleracea): Large, deep-green leaves packed full of vitamins and iron. Use in salads, sandwiches, vegetable dishes and smoothies/juicing.
- Arugula 'Rocket' (Eruca sativa): Easy-growing green that adds a tangy, peppery taste to food. Lobed leaves should be picked before reaching 6" long.
- Carrot 'Rainbow blend' (Daucus carota): Delicious variety with multi-colored carrots in purple, red, orange and yellow.
- Tomato 'Yellow plum' (Solanum lycopersicum): Clusters of yellow, plum-shaped tomatoes, 1 1/2" in diameter. Excellent for salads, sandwiches or just plain.
- Cucumber 'Muncher' (Cucumis sativus): Smooth, medium-green fruits are 6-9" long and 2-3" thick. Great in salads, sandwiches and vegetable dishes.
- Use & Care
- Place soil pellet in bottom of peat pot, and add water. Allow pellet to slowly expand, then fluff soil.
- Add 3-5 seeds to soil, and gently push down into soil until seed is just barely covered. Do not plant too deeply!
- Place pot in a warm spot with plenty of light.
- Make sure soil never dries out, or gets too soggy. Soil should be consistently damp at all times.
- Seedlings should emerge in approx. 5–20 days, depending on seed variety and temperature.
- Once grown a few inches, thin to strongest seedling. You can then transplant (pot and all) outdoors, or into a larger pot.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.