Saeco Gran Baristo Avanti Fully Automatic Espresso Machine
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Earn $50 in reward dollars4 for every $500 spent on your Williams Sonoma Credit Card through March 25. Learn More
The next generation of the fully-automatic Gran Baristo is Saeco's first Bluetooth-connected machine, allowing you to take charge of customized brewing using the Avanti app on your tablet or mobile device. Use the app or the machine's one-touch presets to brew an impressive 18 specialty coffee drinks.
- Enjoy high-tech brewing by enlisting the Avanti app to save and brew your preferred drinks, complete with flavor strength, coffee volume, temperature and amount of froth.
- Profile management system on the machine can also be customized for up to six coffee drinkers.
- Easy-to-use bean switcher and included extra bean hopper make it a cinch to change to decaf or a different coffee blend.
- VariPresso Chamber automatically adjusts extraction pressure for custom brewing, adapting to suit your beans.
- Patented sliding milk carafe has double chambers for perfect steaming and frothing.
- Adjustable ceramic grinders ensure a cool, consistent grind to preserve the delicate essential oils in coffee beans—with totally silent operation.
- Dimensions & More Info
- Model # HD8966/47
- Stainless-steel and durable ABS plastic construction.
- 7 3/4" x 14" x 14" high.
- 57-fl.-oz.-cap. water tank.
- 28 lb.
- Grinds and brews rich, aromatic espresso, cappuccinos, lattes, American coffee and lots more – all at the touch of a single button on the machine or by using the app.
- The machine's backlit touchscreen menu display makes it easy to choose a one-touch beverage option and customize your coffee preferences.
- You can also customize and brew your favorite beverages using the intuitive setting panel in the Avanti app.
- Powerful machine custom brews with variable extraction that generates 15 bars of pump pressure for espresso and two bars of pressure for regular coffee.
- Pre-brewing system maximizes the espresso's rich flavor and aroma by moistening grounds prior to brewing.
- Bean switcher is UV-resistant and features a tight-fitting rubber lid to preserve the delicate essential oils that give coffee beans their unique flavors and aromas.
- Includes an extra bean hopper to easily switch to decaf or change coffee blend.
- Enjoy professional-quality steaming and frothing with an integrated sliding carafe featuring double-chamber technology.
- Milk carafe stores easily in the fridge, so it's always ready to use.
- Durable, ultra quiet ceramic burr grinder offers ten precise settings, all ensuring a perfectly consistent, uniform grind.
- Spout height easily adjusts to fit different-sized cups.
- Eco-friendly water-saving feature reduces rinse waste.
- Automatic cleaning and de-scaling cycles make it easy to maintain your machine at peak performance.
- You can also use the app for easy maintenance with step-by-step guidance.
- Easily remove brewing group from the front of the machine with one finger, then rinse under running water.
- Hygienic milk-cleaning cycle sterilizes the frothing chamber using a combination of steam and hot water.
- This product is intended for use in the United States and Canada and is built to United States electrical standards.
- Made in Italy.
Supported Devices for Avanti App
iOS: Tablet and iPhone with iOS version 7 or higher listed below.
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 5 and 5S
- iPhone 6 and 6Plus
- iPad4 and higher
- iPad mini retina and higher
- iPad Air
Android: Phones and Tablets* listed below with Android 4.3 or higher and supports Bluetooth 4.0 with min. tablet size of 7 inches.
- HTC Desire 816
- Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo
- Samsung Galaxy S4 mini
- LG G3
- Nexus 5
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 (8 inch)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (10.1 inch)
- Samsung Galaxy Note pro LTE (12.2 inch)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2014 edition (10.1 inch)
- Nexus 7 2013 edition (7 inch)
- Sony Xperia Z LTE (10.1 inch), recommended to upgrade to Android version 4.4.
* These tablets and phones were selected for testing. The app may not work optimally with other untested Android tablets.
- Use & Care
- Do not use caramelized or flavored coffee beans.
- Clean automatic milk frother after each use.
- Cup holder grill and automatic milk frother are dishwasher safe.
- All other components, including drip tray, must be hand washed with lukewarm water.
- Filters and holders should be rinsed under water directly after use.
- Rinse brew group.
- Wipe exterior clean with a damp cloth.
- Periodic descaling is still recommended every 2 to 3 months – machine will alter when it is time to descale.
- Do not use alcohol, solvents, and/or abrasive objects to clean the machine.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.