Saeco Gran Baristo Avanti Espresso Machine
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Earn $50 in reward dollars4 for every $500 spent on your Williams Sonoma Credit Card through September 30. Learn More
The next generation of the fully-automatic Gran Baristo is Saeco's first Bluetooth-connected machine, allowing you to take charge of customized brewing using the Avanti app on your tablet or mobile device. Use the app or the machine's one-touch presets to brew an impressive 18 specialty coffee drinks.
- Enjoy high-tech brewing by enlisting the Avanti app to save and brew your preferred drinks, complete with flavor strength, coffee volume, temperature and amount of froth.
- Profile management system on the machine can also be customized for up to six coffee drinkers.
- Easy-to-use bean switcher and included extra bean hopper make it a cinch to change to decaf or a different coffee blend.
- VariPresso Chamber automatically adjusts extraction pressure for custom brewing, adapting to suit your beans.
- Patented sliding milk carafe has double chambers for perfect steaming and frothing.
- Adjustable ceramic grinders ensure a cool, consistent grind to preserve the delicate essential oils in coffee beans—with totally silent operation.
- Dimensions & More Info
- Model # HD8966/47
- Stainless-steel and durable ABS plastic construction.
- 7 3/4" x 14" x 14" high.
- 57-fl.-oz.-cap. water tank.
- 28 lb.
- Grinds and brews rich, aromatic espresso, cappuccinos, lattes, American coffee and lots more – all at the touch of a single button on the machine or by using the app.
- The machine's backlit touchscreen menu display makes it easy to choose a one-touch beverage option and customize your coffee preferences.
- You can also customize and brew your favorite beverages using the intuitive setting panel in the Avanti app.
- Powerful machine custom brews with variable extraction that generates 15 bars of pump pressure for espresso and two bars of pressure for regular coffee.
- Pre-brewing system maximizes the espresso's rich flavor and aroma by moistening grounds prior to brewing.
- Bean switcher is UV-resistant and features a tight-fitting rubber lid to preserve the delicate essential oils that give coffee beans their unique flavors and aromas.
- Includes an extra bean hopper to easily switch to decaf or change coffee blend.
- Enjoy professional-quality steaming and frothing with an integrated sliding carafe featuring double-chamber technology.
- Milk carafe stores easily in the fridge, so it's always ready to use.
- Durable, ultra quiet ceramic burr grinder offers ten precise settings, all ensuring a perfectly consistent, uniform grind.
- Spout height easily adjusts to fit different-sized cups.
- Eco-friendly water-saving feature reduces rinse waste.
- Automatic cleaning and de-scaling cycles make it easy to maintain your machine at peak performance.
- You can also use the app for easy maintenance with step-by-step guidance.
- Easily remove brewing group from the front of the machine with one finger, then rinse under running water.
- Hygienic milk-cleaning cycle sterilizes the frothing chamber using a combination of steam and hot water.
- This product is intended for use in the United States and Canada and is built to United States electrical standards.
- Made in Italy.
Supported Devices for Avanti App
iOS: Tablet and iPhone with iOS version 7 or higher listed below.
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 5 and 5S
- iPhone 6 and 6Plus
- iPad4 and higher
- iPad mini retina and higher
- iPad Air
Android: Phones and Tablets* listed below with Android 4.3 or higher and supports Bluetooth 4.0 with min. tablet size of 7 inches.
- HTC Desire 816
- Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo
- Samsung Galaxy S4 mini
- LG G3
- Nexus 5
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 (8 inch)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (10.1 inch)
- Samsung Galaxy Note pro LTE (12.2 inch)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2014 edition (10.1 inch)
- Nexus 7 2013 edition (7 inch)
- Sony Xperia Z LTE (10.1 inch), recommended to upgrade to Android version 4.4.
* These tablets and phones were selected for testing. The app may not work optimally with other untested Android tablets.
- Use & Care
- Do not use caramelized or flavored coffee beans.
- Clean automatic milk frother after each use.
- Cup holder grill and automatic milk frother are dishwasher safe.
- All other components, including drip tray, must be hand washed with lukewarm water.
- Filters and holders should be rinsed under water directly after use.
- Rinse brew group.
- Wipe exterior clean with a damp cloth.
- Periodic descaling is still recommended every 2 to 3 months – machine will alter when it is time to descale.
- Do not use alcohol, solvents, and/or abrasive objects to clean the machine.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3-5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $17.50 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners, and knife storage) please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable, and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
Rated 1 out of 5 by LVMalibu from Don’t buy it We bought this 2 years ago and we really liked it, the app is great and we really enjoyed trying different coffees, until it started to have problems The customer service is awful The manual doesn’t explain which coffee beans can’t be used (oily beans can ruin the grinder) I live close to Los Angeles and they don’t have a certificated services in 300 miles from here So if you are willing to have a coffee machine for a year it might be ok but if not maybe you have to choose a different brand!Date published: 2018-08-08Rated 5 out of 5 by Mateyoo from Amazing product. Worth every penny. My first experiences was with the Moltio.it was not very user friendly and the buttons you had to use to clean, brew etc could be confusing. But usable. -App is sick. You can lay in bed from your phone. Press the app, pick your drink. It will turn on and rinse, takes <1min. And stays on for 30 min or so. When your lazy self crawls out of bed to the machine its ready for what you want. You put the cup under, milk carafe and boom. -Cleaning, IMHO is easy. It is way easier than the moltio. You just flip the door open and pop out the bewer unit and rinse it under running water 1x/week. And thats really it. -Milk Carafe. Its great. Right back in the fridge when done. I looked at Jura, another great unit. And it had a hose like thing. In-unit is really convenient. -Heat quality- The Moltio was kind of hot. This is very hot. And they have an expert setting on the app when you can make it extra hot. Convenience is what I was looking for and this guy is just that.Date published: 2016-06-25Rated 3 out of 5 by MorganAlise from Disappointing for price Settled on the Avanti because of its wide variety of beverages and its ability to interface with smart devices (which is just cool). Overall, machine lets you make a delicious, rich drink every time without having to be a well-versed barista. Immediately, however, I noticed the drinks were not very hot even after adjusting all the settings. I compared brewed water from the Avanti and another cheap coffee maker I own and there was about a 10 degree temperature difference. Doesn’t seem like much but it is definitely noticeable. Another major flaw is if the water tank is empty, the Avanti will grind coffee, start brewing, spit out 3 drops of coffee, then let you know to refill the tank. Now you have wasted time, coffee, and the effort of getting your settings right before brewing. Even cheaper pod coffee machines will not start brewing if there is not adequate water. I just can’t get past the price of this machine unless improvements are made to make it top-dollar worthy.Date published: 2016-03-02