Riedel Sommeliers Bourgogne (Burgundy) Grand Cru Glass
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Riedel's premier collection, the Sommeliers line, includes an impressive assortment of crystal glasses, each developed by expert tasters to flatter a specific type of fine wine or liquor. Representing a quantum leap in wineglass design when it was created in 1958, this glass is on permanent display at the New York Museum of Modern Art. The glass showcases first-rate Burgundies and other top-class wines made from Pinot Noir grapes, as well as Italian Barolo and Barbaresco wines.
- This sparkling crystal glass is individually crafted by master artisans who perform every step of the glassmaking process by hand.
- Large bowl provides ample breathing space for the bouquet to develop.
- Slightly flared rim directs the flow of wine onto the front of the palate, allowing you to appreciate the balance of fruit flavors and acidity.
- Hand made at the Riedel family's own glassworks in Austria, where artisans have been crafting exquisite glassware since 1756.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 37-oz. cap., 9 3/4" high.
- Before ordering, please be sure your wineglass storage can accommodate the height of this glass.
- Made in Austria.
- Use & Care
- Wash under warm water; detergent is not necessary.
- Allow to air dry.
- For extra shine, steam over boiling water.
- If desired, carefully polish with a lint free cloth.
- Never twist the base and bowl.
Next Day Delivery
Rated 5 out of 5 by keri from LOVE IT This glass does what intended: showcases a beautiful pinot or burgundy. As it decants in your glass, the nose opens and transforms from one note to two or three. The taste changes from 5 minutes to 10 minutes to 30. I have 3 "pinot" glasses, and this is our favorite. As a side note, I use this glass to help out a "bad" wine. If this glass can't fix it, it's just a bad wine! Beware, it is glass! No matter how much money you spend, no matter how much you know about gently washing it, they can still break... and break your heart it does.Date published: 2017-12-07Rated 5 out of 5 by cjv1 from This glass enhances the wine tasting experience. This glass is both beautiful and very light. It greatly adds to the appreciation of the wine. Must be very careful in handling (washing) as the glass is delicate.Date published: 2013-12-01