Red Rose Cake
- Vendor Shipped
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Earn $25 in reward dollars4 for every $500 spent on your Williams Sonoma Credit Card. Learn More
Everything's coming up roses with this stunning chocolate cake. Prepared exclusively for us by the boutique bakery We Take the Cake, the decadent dessert alternates four luscious layers of rich, moist chocolate cake with a chocolate cream cheese frosting. For a dramatic finishing touch, the entire cake is cloaked with red roses shaped from fluffy buttercream frosting.
- 6" diam., 4 1/2" high (serves 8–10.)
- 3 lb.
- Shipped frozen.
- Made in USA.
- Use & Care
- The cake ships frozen with dry ice, which may have evaporated during shipment. This is normal. Please take care not to touch any remaining dry ice with bare hands. Upon receipt, remove the cake from the bakery box and store in the freezer for up to 3 months, or defrost in the refrigerator overnight and keep for up to 7 days.
- The cake is best enjoyed at room temperature. Remove the plastic from the cake while it is still frozen. Defrost in the refrigerator overnight. Once thawed, allow the cake to come to room temperature, approximately 4 hours before serving. To serve, run a large knife under hot water and dry with a towel before every slice. Store leftover cake in an airtight container, where it will keep up to 3 days refrigerated.
- Cake: Butter, sugar, trans fat-free vegetable shortening, cocoa powder, fresh eggs, all-purpose flour, baking soda, salt, whole buttermilk, natural vanilla.
- Frosting: Butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar, natural vanilla, salt, food coloring.
Please allow up to two weeks for processing and delivery of perishable items, which are shipped two-day delivery to ensure freshness. Perishable items are not eligible for rush shipping. We do not ship perishable items outside the contiguous 48 states or P.O. Boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned. View Full Returns Policy.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Bluewhale from Best cake ever! The buttercream on this gorgeous red rose cake is unbelievably delicious; the best I have ever had! Chocolate cake with a chocolate buttercream in between the layers is a bonus. It is beautiful, comes in at least 1/2 dozen colors of rose piped frosting, but best of all, it is SO delicious. Enjoy if you buy one. SUPER GOOD and oh so pretty.Date published: 2017-01-16Rated 3 out of 5 by CLeP from Beautiful But Way Too Sweet! The cake is really beautiful and arrives as shown. It was a beautiful centerpiece for the table. The cake is delicious but the outer icing is thick and very, very sweet. Every single guest at my party left the majority of the icing on the plate. I would not order it again despite its beauty.Date published: 2016-01-04Rated 5 out of 5 by icmm from Moist & Delicious Beautiful Cake. Purchased this for all my friends and they loved it. Best if kept refrigerated.Date published: 2015-12-30