Proteak End-Grain Rectangular Cutting Board
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Known for its outstanding moisture resistance and strength, teak makes a superb material for cutting boards. This handmade board is attractive enough to double as a serving platform for cheeses and meats.
- Made of FSC-certified teak from environmentally managed plantations.
- Designed with a handy cut-out for transferring ingredients to a bowl.
- Beautiful wood grain makes this a handsome presentation piece as well as a work surface.
- Hand grip at both ends for stability.
- End-grain construction is gentle on knife blades.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 20" x 14" x 2 1/2" thick.
- Made in Mexico.
- Use & Care
- Board should be seasoned with a food-grade mineral oil before first use.
- To season the board properly, warm the mineral oil slightly and apply it in the direction of the wood grain using a clean, dry cloth. Allow the oil to soak in and repeat with another application. Allow the board to dry and wipe off any excess oil.
- Hand-wash with hot, soapy water. Dry thoroughly.
- Do not soak or submerge board in water.
- Occasionally rub with a food-safe mineral oil to keep wood from drying out.
- To sanitize, wash the board with a solution of one part vinegar to five parts water.
- Remove odors by rubbing the board with kosher or table salt and half a lemon. Let sit for 2 to 3 minutes then wipe clean with a damp cloth. Remove excess moisture with a clean paper towel and stand the board on end to air dry.
- Store in a dry area away from extreme temperatures.
This item will arrive in 3 to 5 business days if no personalization has been applied and 5 to 7 business days if personalized.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within
3-5 business days of our receiving your order.
Next Day Delivery
Orders reciived by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday thorugh Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
Rated 3 out of 5 by Tuscangal from Board bleeds I've cleaned the board several times but it keeps bleeding a dark color, like a staining product. Other than that I like the addition to my counter! I am going to wait to use it until it "runs clean."Date published: 2016-02-26Rated 4 out of 5 by All2Picky from Best Cutting Board... This cutting board has a permanent place on my kitchen counter!!! It is a very substantial weight, as well as, being a great size. I had tried several others and this proved to be the one.Date published: 2015-09-21Rated 5 out of 5 by LoriMI from Quality Board & What a Beauty! I purchased this board about a week ago for our center island prep area. It has a cut-out beneath the board to slide food into a pan which is very handy. The pieces of end-grain are really nice and have beautiful grain details. I had the clerk bring out 3 boards so I could pick the one I wanted. Once I got home, I washed it with hot, soapy water, rinsed it off, dried it and then rubbed it with Howard Butcher Block Conditioner which really brought the beauty of the board to life. This cutting board is simply a lovely, useful piece of art for the kitchen. The board is substantial and I love the 2 recessed handles for easy moving of the board. With proper care, this board will last for years if not a lifetime. Well worth the money.Date published: 2015-09-05Rated 5 out of 5 by Ronigirl from Great heavy duty board This is by far the best cutting board I have had the pleasure to own. Heavy duty and quite a beauty. No issues. I think with proper care it will last a lifetime and then some. The cut out is also a great feature. Really glad my husband picked this one out for me. I use it every day and am really happy with it. Also think this will make a great display piece for cheese and crackers.Date published: 2015-01-11Rated 5 out of 5 by Snowcat from Lifelong Cutting Board Everything about this cutting board makes it a 5 star product. First off, the wood used is not only beautiful and a great eye-pleasing addition to the kitchen, but it is also made of environmentally sustainable wood. If you treat this board right I think it will last a lifetime, it sure is heavy duty enough. Additionally, the wood is not harsh on your knives (as cheap boards can be) as well as it is fairly grippy when chopping. The last thing that is so great about this cutting board is the notch on the bottom of the board that is cut out to slip a mixing bowl under so it enables you to seamlessly scrape your choppings off with no mess.Date published: 2013-05-01Rated 3 out of 5 by MelY13 from Would have been a great board, except... I had ordered this chopping board for my mother, and upon first glance, it was a gorgeous board that would look great on our kitchen island. Great size and weight, and the bowl cutout underneath is a useful feature. After closer examination, however, we noticed several cracks on the board. This was disappointing, as it did not suggest longevity for the rest of the board. We called Williams-Sonoma and they are replacing it. However, this is the second item in the past month that has arrived damaged, and it is making me wary of ordering anything else from W-S.Date published: 2013-02-12Rated 5 out of 5 by MickiA from Love this cutting board I have many wooden cutting boards but this is by far my favorite! It is nice and heavy and doesn't move around while working on it. I have used it as a serving piece as well as a chopping board. The wood is easy to care for and has not warped or cracked.Date published: 2012-01-08