OXO On Barista Brain 12-Cup Coffee Maker
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
OXO brings the precision brewing skills of a master barista to this intuitive coffee system. Providing handcrafted-quality coffee at the touch of a button, its intelligent microprocessor monitors time, temperature and volume from start to finish. For optimal versatility, the machine has two carafes: a glass carafe to heat water for brewing coffee or tea—and an insulated carafe into which the coffee is brewed.
- Meets the official Gold Cup Standard established by the Specialty Coffee Associations of America (SCAA).
- In Coffee Mode, this advanced machine brews from 4 to 12 cups of coffee directly into the insulated stainless-steel carafe.
- Measured using an integrated scale, water is heated in the removable glass reservoir and the optimal temperature (197.6-204.8°F) is precisely maintained throughout the entire brewing process.
- Water is pumped to the brew basket in perfectly timed cycles, starting with a short cycle that allows coffee to bloom for full flavor extraction.
- Rainmaker™ showerhead evenly disperses water over coffee grounds for uniform saturation.
- In Kettle Mode, the borosilicate glass water reservoir doubles as a tea kettle, adjusting the infusing temperature for different types of tea (175-212°F), then maintaining the perfect temperature for up to 30 minutes.
- Includes a coffee scoop and ten paper filters.
- Dimensions & More Info
- Model #: 8710000
- 7 3/4" x 14 3/4" x 16" high.
- 12-cup. cap.
- 8 lb. 12 oz.
- 1400 watts.
- Programmable machine operates with one-touch ease—just press a button and let OXO take care of the rest.
- Intelligent microprocessor precisely controls every aspect of the brewing process, from start to finish.
- Intuitive LED Interface with a backlit screen displays coffeemaker status and freshness indicator.
- A single dial makes it simple to program the number of cups for coffee/tea, 24-hour start timer and more.
- Innovative internal scale intelligently monitors water volume for optimum coffee extraction.
- Water is heated and held at the perfect temperature for coffee (197.6-204.8°F) or your preferred temperature for tea (174-212°F).
- An internal mixing tube ensures that coffee is blended thoroughly as it's brewed into the carafe, so the first sip is as delicious as the last.
- Large brew basket arranges the grounds for full flavor extraction—whether you're brewing four cups or a full pot.
- Vacuum-insulated stainless-steel thermal carafe keeps coffee hot and fresh for several hours.
- Removable glass kettle heats water to brew coffee or to make tea and other hot beverages.
- Kettle is made of durable, BPA-free borosilicate glass for thermal shock protection and pure, clean flavor.
- Soft, non-slip handles on both carafes guarantee easy pouring.
- Descale warning lets you know when it's time to clean the coffee maker.
- This product is intended for use in the United States and Canada and is built to United States and Canadian electrical standards.
- Made in China.
- Use & Care
- OXO recommends using OXO On 12-Cup Paper Coffee Filters (#8710800).
- After each use, hand wash the carafes and brew basket with mild detergent. Rinse thoroughly.
- The brew basket, Rainmaker™ showerhead, silicone water bridge, carafe lid, coffee scoop and mixing tube are removable and top-rack dishwasher safe.
- Clean the outside of the coffee maker regularly with a damp cloth and wipe dry.
- Coffee oil stains in the stainless-steel carafe may be removed by placing a small amount of dishwasher detergent and water in carafe and allowing it to soak overnight. Please note that the thermal carafe is not dishwasher safe.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3-5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $17.50 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners, and knife storage) please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable, and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
Rated 2 out of 5 by R123 from do not recommend We bought this 2 years ago. When it worked, it was perfect for us - we used the hot water and coffee functions frequently. However, every 3-5 months, the water would stop heating up. OXO customer service was amazing, and would try to trouble-shoot, but would send us a new unit (free of charge) each time. We've now gone through 5 new units. During my last phone call to them a few days ago, I was given the choice of a getting another unit or a refund and was told they are discontinuing this product. We asked for a refund, but are actually hoping they come up with a fix and re-release a more dependable version of this in the future.Date published: 2018-01-20Rated 1 out of 5 by cara from Mostly Terrible! We've owned this OXO coffee maker for about 5 months. It's been great when it works, but it's terribly inconsistent in the way that it functions. We have regularly descaled, reset, and done all the recommended adjustments to no avail. About 50% of our mornings start with water pouring out of the spot onto our counters rather than filtering from the water side to the coffee. It's a mess and 200 degree water all over our counters with little kids. Don't waste your money.Date published: 2018-01-19Rated 5 out of 5 by Mark from Made the same coffee beans taste even better I have been using a "old fashioned" drip coffee maker with a glass pot sitting on a heating element for a few years now. My coffee was always just "ok". I thought I could improve the flavor of my coffee by grinding my own beans. So a few months ago I purchased a nice grinder and started using fresh ground beans but my coffee still tasted just "ok". Not like what I would get in a good restaurant. After talking to a few other heavy coffee drinkers I came to the realization that it may be my coffee maker itself and the fact that the glass pot is sitting on a burner, getting more and more bitter over the hour or two of sitting there. I researched coffee makers with carafes and since my wife is a tea drinker who uses a electric kettle, we thought this would make a nice space saving combination. This OXO coffee maker is just wonderful. Our coffee has never tasted better, with the same beans and grinder I was using before. And my wife always has hot water for her tea. We used the timer this morning for the first time. So easy to program the night before and I love that I can control the amount of coffee by the control panel, not the amount of water in the glass carafe. Wonderful coffee maker. We love it.Date published: 2018-01-15Rated 5 out of 5 by TampaJim from Excellent coffee maker I purchased this about two months ago even though some reviews concerned me. The setup process is crucial but certainly not difficult if you follow the manual. Once it is set up correctly it takes about 10 seconds to set the coffe pot up to start the next morning. The built in controls don’t allow you to screw up. Coffee is great and I am going to purchase one for our second home.Date published: 2017-10-04Rated 5 out of 5 by Vaxn8r from Science is real! My husband's review, "Excellent." My review: After researching for weeks, I bought the OXO On Barista Brain coffee maker and the Oxo On Conical Burr grinder as a gift to my husband, a coffee enthusiast. At first use, we got the descaling light, but my husband was not deterred. He investigated and found that temperature adjustment had to be made, because we are closer to sea level than most of the U.S. From that point on, every morning we have coffee bliss! We use the hot water carafe for tea, muesli, hot granola, cocoa, and such. My teas taste better at the perfect temperature! My mother likes the hot water carafe to dilute her coffee, because she likes hers much weaker than we do.Date published: 2017-07-17Rated 5 out of 5 by Lindersue from Great Features! I love this Coffee Maker! As a former Technovorm owner unhappy with the small size of the thermos, I bought this coffee maker about a month ago and have to say it meets all my expectations. I haven't had any trouble with it at all. After reading some of the reviews I have to admit I was concerned. I Loved the fact it heated water in a glass pot vs. a plastic resevoir found in most coffee makers. So no dark areas to grow mold or bacteria. I have found both the heated water for tea and the coffee maker function to work perfectly. I called the manufacturer prior to purchase to ask why so many people seemed to have trouble with the descale light coming on. They said 98% of the time, it was due to setting the boil temperature incorrectly. It is based on how many feet you are above sea level. The manual gives you the correct setting based on where you live . If you set it too high, the machine will be tricked into thinking a scale build up is the reason it can't heat to the boiling temperature set and the light will come on telling you to descale. I haven't had this problem as yet. So it is important that it be set correctly when you make your initial settings. I use RO filtered water in the unit. It makes a great cup of coffee! The paper filters needed are larger than the standard size. I ordered them with the coffee maker, and haven't yet tried to find them locally. The unit comes with 10 filters, so you may want to order more when you order the pot. I think I've finally found the perfect coffee maker!Date published: 2017-05-05Rated 5 out of 5 by I love coffee from Unique, clever, a must have! I spent time to researching other coffee makers until I saw a YouTube on the OXO Barista Brain. I bought it and have it for over two weeks now. Used it for my morning coffee (it prepares a personal use amount for one or two cups) and for a houseful of guests: both coffee drinkers and tea drinkers. The clever thing about th OXO is it prepares both coffee and hot water for tea (or a morning hot cereal) at the same time, on the same platform, it does it very cleverly. The settings are so very clever: you can select the number of cups of coffee (it weighs the water tare and allocates hot water to the coffee basket by weight not volume). The remaining hot water is in the glass pot ready for use for tea. I am a coffee drinker and my wife is a tea drinker, so this OXO solved a problem I didn't know I had until I brought it home. The selection system allows you to determine the exact temperature of the water for the coffee and/or the tea...very clever. It displays the temperature of the water, the time remaining until the coffee is ready, it times the coffee so you know how long it has been in the insulated coffee pot. It turns itself on at a pre-determined time to prepare your coffee and it turns the hot water off in 30 minutes. It monitors the temperature and time and has a clever display that makes it all easy. Watching the water heat up is a great show, and, you bring the glass vessel to the sink so no need to shuttle water from the sink to the coffee maker and then gain access to the top (no need to move the coffee maker from the countertop) as the glass water container is a very attractive and completes with a insulated handle, a pour spout, a very smooth lifting access lid...the entire OXO coffee maker is a well thought out and brilliantly engineered and manufactured coffee maker. I give it a five plus star rating because it does everything well and is a joy to use.Date published: 2017-04-18Rated 1 out of 5 by pz54210 from Descaling Issues I received this coffeemaker as a Christmas gift. Today while brewing the 4th pot of coffee since I got it, it stopped mid cycle and the descaling light came on. It wouldn't finish brewing the pot. It shouldn't need descaled after 3.5 pots, that's ridiculous. I was excited with the product but now after researching and seeing others with descaling issues, I'm returning.Date published: 2016-12-31