- Vendor Shipped
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
The Arbequina is a favorite variety of olive (Olea europaea) in the sunny orchards of California and Spain's Catalonia region. The aromatic small brown fruit is highly prized for its delicate buttery flavor with peppery accents. Cure them in brine, then use them for tapenade, pasta dishes, antipasti platters and savory breads. Easy to take care of, olive trees can live for centuries and produce fruit for their entire lives if properly pruned.
- Zones 7–10.
- Approx. 1-year-old sapling tree with several leaves, 16" high at shipping; arrives in 6"-diam. terracotta pot.
- Image shows olive tree at three years of growth with care.
- Adds a classic Mediterranean look to the landscape.
- Suitable for container or ground planting.
- Tree grows 3' high in pot; 35' high, 12' wide in ground.
- Requires full sun.
- Flowers in spring and bears fruit in autumn.
- Fruit maturity: 2 to 3 years.
- Pesticide- and herbicide-free.
- Grown in Winters, CA.
- Cannot be shipped to Nevada.
- Use & Care
- Planting: Olive trees prefer a sunny location, but avoid excess heat, as this will dry out the soil too quickly. Outside, they enjoy full sun. A location that provides morning sun or filtered light throughout the day is ideal. If grown indoors, the tree should be kept at least 24" from the window to avoid leaf burn.
- Watering: Water the tree as soon as you receive it. Water daily through hot spells and every other day in the spring and fall, if left in the original pot, and as needed in the winter. Water to keep the soil moist, not wet.
This item will arrive within 1 to 2 weeks.
Please allow one to two weeks for processing and delivery of perishable items, which are shipped two-day delivery to ensure freshness. Perishable items are not eligible for rush shipping.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. All wreaths incur a $5 shipping surcharge per item in addition to standard shipping and processing charges. View Shipping Options and Charges.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned. View Full Returns Policy.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Lambo from A tree about life I was given this tree two years ago and it was actually just a twig. I planted it in good soil, in a pot that drains, placed it in a sunny window, and it has grown about 500% in two years. This is not a "pop up" plant but one that will grown over time and reflect the passing of time in your life.Date published: 2018-12-23Rated 1 out of 5 by johnnyquest55 from Received one stick of a twig Misleading photography and description. You will received a twig about 1/8 of the size of what you see in the pictures. No care instructions.Date published: 2018-11-20Rated 1 out of 5 by Pierre from Not as pictured I ordered them for Mother's Day gifts and was very disappointed to receive two sticks. Could have been a cute gift but they failed. Returning has also been an issue. Still waiting for the return label after two calls.Date published: 2018-05-14Rated 1 out of 5 by longtime_WS_customer from Do not buy this olive "tree" Just received a wilted whip. Not the pictured standard topiary. Very dissatisfied and disappointed. Waste of money.Date published: 2018-04-21Rated 1 out of 5 by Lkmortensen13 from Nothing Like Picture Mine came and it had one small beach leaf. Not worth the priceDate published: 2018-04-15Rated 2 out of 5 by Ayyy from Not as pictured I just received this item and it is not at all like the photographs. It’s a thin reed with no branches. I also did not receive care instructions but the soil was moist and the leaves look healthyDate published: 2018-04-06Rated 3 out of 5 by Nicole06 from Not like the picture! It’s a whip. I ordered this because people commented that it arrived and looked just like the picture. Mine is just a whip. No branches. I didn’t receive any care instructions either like others mentioned. However it looks very health so I’m excited to see it grow and blossom.Date published: 2018-04-06Rated 5 out of 5 by Amanda from Baby Olives Already! I bought this tree about 2 months ago, and I have baby olive buds already! Upon arrival, the tree was well packaged, and very healthy. It looked exactly as shown. I followed the directions, immediately planted it, and it’s been a wonderful experience.Date published: 2018-02-26