Nordic Ware Apple Cakelet Pan
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Create a stunning finish to a fall meal with small apple-shaped cakes. Our cast-aluminum pan yields cakelets with exceptional detail, allowing you to create a dessert tray as decorative as it is delicious. Serve apple halves with a light glaze or sprinkling of confectioners' sugar or press halves together with buttercream to create 3-D apple cakes.
- Makes fourteen apple pieces and seven 3-D apple cakelets.
- Durable cast-aluminum construction ensures even baking.
- Our exclusive nonstick finish guarantees fast release and makes cleanup a breeze.
- Try our recipe for Spiced Apple Cakelets on recipe tab.
- Made exclusively for Williams Sonoma by Nordic Ware, a family-owned American company, famous for its fine bakeware since 1946.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 12" diam., 1 1/2" high.
- 1 lb. 9 oz.
- Made in USA.
- Use & Care
- Before each use, wash pan with hot, soapy water.
- Oven safe to 400°F.
- Use only wood, silicone, plastic or other nonmetallic utensils to avoid scratching the surface.
- For best results, brush pan with an unsalted solid vegetable shortening and dust with flour. You can also use vegetable oil or a nonstick baking spray. If using a spray, check to make sure that it does not contain lecithin, which can cause a gummy residue. Turn pan upside down and tap to remove excess flour. These steps will help ensure easy release and excellent pattern definition.
- After baking, cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Tap pan firmly a few times, then invert, lift pan away and let the cake continue to cool on rack.
- To prevent overflow, do not fill more than 3/4 full.
- Hand-wash. Dry thoroughly.
- Do not use abrasive cleaners such as metal scouring pads, as they can damage the surface.
- A soft sponge or kitchen brush will remove baked-on food particles. You may need to scrub lightly.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 4-5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $17.50 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners, and knife storage) please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable, and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
Spiced Apple Cakelets
1 cup (155 g) all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 cup (60 g) firmly packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup (125 g) granulated sugar
1/4 cup (60 ml) vegetable oil
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3/4 cup (210 g) applesauce
Preheat an oven to 400°F (200°C). Grease the wells of the apple cakelet pan with nonstick cooking spray and use a pastry brush to brush away any excess spray.
In a small bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and ginger. In a separate bowl, whisk together the brown and granulated sugars until no lumps remain. Add the oil, vanilla, applesauce and egg to the sugars and whisk until very smooth. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk until the batter is smooth. Fill each well of the cakelet pan three-quarters full of batter. Gently tap the pan against the countertop to release any air bubbles.
Bake until the cakelets are deep golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let cool for 10 minutes, then turn the cakelets out onto the rack. Let cool completely. Decorate as desired.
Serving Suggestion: Using a serrated knife, gently saw off the bottom of each cakelet to form a flat surface. Use your favorite buttercream frosting to frost the flat side of a cakelet and press another cakelet onto the buttercream to form an apple. Repeat with the remaining cakelets.
Makes seven 3-dimensional apple cakelets.
Developed by Williams-Sonoma Test Kitchen.