Nesmuk JANUS Folder
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Earn $25 in reward dollars4 for every $500 spent on your Williams Sonoma Credit Card. Learn More
An object of beauty and utility, the Nesmuk folding knife is handcrafted with exquisite materials and refined to perfection. This German-made folder carries on the tradition of the "gentleman's knife," serving as a fine steak knife that is easily transported in a pocket or purse. Crafted without rivets or screws, this elegant knife offers long-lasting sharpness and beautiful handling.
- Handcrafted of stainless, high-performance steel with niobium, a rare Brazilian metal, for maximum sharpness and strength.
- Blade has a high-quality black diamond-like carbon coating that offers extraordinary cutting performance and toughness.
- Cutting edge holds its sharpness for a long time.
- Ergonomic handle in your choice of Black Piano Lacquer or Silver Hammer-Blow.
- Black Piano-Lacquer handle: Shells are molded from exclusive varnishes, distinguished by their exceptional depth of color and saturation, and polished to a high gloss.
- Silver Hammer-Blow handle: Shells are made of the finest polished, hand-hammered silver.
- Handle shells are securely screwed together with invisible joints.
- Left bezel is engraved with the Nesmuk bat symbol.
- Handcrafted in the historic cutlery center of Solingen, Germany.
- Dimensions & More Info
- Rockwell hardness of 60 HRC.
- Extremely low gap tolerance; the spring and blade must be accurate to a hundredth.
- Designed as a classical slip joint, the blade is positioned and held in place only by a backstrap.
- For safety, the blade is opened or closed with a stop-off at 90 degrees.
- Includes a high-quality case and a leather pouch.
- 3 1/2"-long blade; 4 1/2"-long handle.
- 2.4–4.41 oz.
- Made in Germany.
- Use & Care
- Do not let the blade come into contact with other knives or metal objects.
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water. Never put in the dishwasher. Dry the knife thoroughly after washing.
- The best way to keep the wooden handle in good condition is to use the knife regularly. The grease on the palm of your hand and washing do not dry out the handle. Over the years, they give its surface a warm, silky sheen.
- The Nesmuk folder strop is the best tool for sharpening the folding knife.
- Never sharpen the knife with rotating grinders. This causes the blade's cutting zone to heat up briefly to temperatures of over 1000˚F, which makes it soft and destroys the steel's fine microstructure.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
- Price Match Guarantee
Williams Sonoma Price Match Guarantee
At Williams Sonoma, we're committed to bringing you the best quality at the best prices.
If you find a lower price on any of our products, we'll match it—guaranteed. Click here for details.