Nesmuk JANUS Bog Oak Steak Knives, Set of 2
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Earn $50 in reward dollars4 for every $500 spent on your Williams Sonoma Credit Card through July 22. Learn More
Favored by top chefs worldwide, Nesmuk knives are handcrafted from extraordinary materials and refined for the highest level of cutting performance. The Janus series is finished with an exceptionally hard, black diamond-like carbon coating, which glides effortlessly through foods of all textures. These steak knives features straightforward geometry that allows them to cut easily without sawing or ripping tender cuts of meat.
- Set of two knives comes in a wooden storage case, exclusive to Williams Sonoma.
- Handcrafted of high-performance stainless steel with niobium, a rare Brazilian metal, for maximum sharpness and strength.
- Blade has a high-quality diamond-like carbon coating that offers extraordinary cutting performance and toughness.
- Handle is European bog oak (fossilized oak trunk up to 5,000 years old) with a brushed stainless-steel collar.
- Ergonomically designed handle.
- Dimensions & More Info
- Rockwell hardness of 61–65 HRC.
- 4 1/2" blade.
- 4 1/4" handle.
- 5.6 oz.
- Made in Germany.
- Use & Care
- Store the knife separately in a knife block, in the box or in a sheath.
- Do not let the blade come into contact with other knives or metal objects.
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water. Never put in the dishwasher. Dry the knife thoroughly after washing.
- The best way to keep the wooden handle in good condition is to use the knife regularly and oil it occasionally. The grease on the palm of your hand and washing do not dry out the handle. Over the years, they give its surface a warm, silky sheen.
- The Nesmuk leather strop is the best tool for sharpening the knife.
- Never sharpen the knife with rotating grinders. This causes the blade's cutting zone to heat up briefly to temperatures of over 1000°F, which makes it soft and destroys the steel's fine microstructure.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.