Motif Essential Pour-Over Style Coffee Maker with Glass Carafe
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Designed by the coffee experts at Seattle-based Motif, this pour-over-style automatic brewer is the culmination of 25 years of brewing experience. A state-of-the-art water heater quickly reaches and holds the ideal brew temperature. Pre-infusion triggers "blooming" to release the unique flavors of every type of coffee.
- Heats water to the industry-standard brewing temperature within 60 seconds, then maintains it between 197.6˚F and 204.8˚F throughout brew cycle.
- Maintains water/coffee contact for 4–8 minutes for optimal flavor extraction.
- Pre-infusion mode simulates the pour-over method as the showerhead dampens coffee grounds for 20 seconds to develop the fullest flavor.
- Glass carafe keeps coffee warm on warming plate.
- Separate heater for warming plate prevents overheating.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 12" x 6" x 13 1/2" high.
- 8-cup water tank.
- 6 lb.
- This product is intended for use in the United States and Canada, and is built to United States electrical standards.
- Made in China.
- Auto-shutoff warming plate.
- Removable cone-shaped filter basket.
- Includes Melitta #4 paper filter starter pack.
- Easy-fill 8-cup water reservoir.
- Precise decalcification sensor is based on brewer performance rather than preset number of brew cycles.
- Carafe is top-rack dishwasher safe.
- Detachable showerhead and filter basket are top-rack dishwasher safe.
- Stainless-steel body.
- Plastic parts are BPA free.
- Use & Care
- Use a soft, damp cloth to clean the brewer housing.
- The carafe, showerhead and filter basket are top-rack dishwasher safe.
- The machine's CLEAN button will illuminate in red when it is time to descale. We recommend periodically running a high-quality, biodegradable, phosphate-free coffee machine descaler through the brewer.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
- Price Match Guarantee
Williams Sonoma Price Match Guarantee
At Williams Sonoma, we're committed to bringing you the best quality at the best prices.
If you find a lower price on any of our products, we'll match it—guaranteed. Click here for details.
Rated 5 out of 5 by jmn1118 from awesome coffee brewer ;) i too bought this in place of the moccamaster. it's half the price and works great! just as good as the other. brews fast, super hot great tasting coffee, auto shut off and still a basic machine. i returned the other one because for the money i just wasn't impressed. i am very happy with this and so glad i bought it. (the only thing i would change is making it a 10 cup capacity instead of 8)Date published: 2018-01-02Rated 1 out of 5 by Matt from Poorly constructed parts prevents proper brewing As a home-brewing coffee connoisseur, I recently purchased this new-on-the-market model and was super excited to start brewing "golden cups" of coffee -- but t'was not to be. Not sure if it's just mine or how this model is constructed, but the way the lid of the carafe hits the drip release mechanism doesn't work consistently. You have to jiggle things around to get it to flow properly, and sometimes the flow stops altogether, causing the filter to overflow. Very disappointed in this, seeing as how this was supposed to be the affordable (and reliable, SCAA certified) alternative to the Moccamaster. I'm going to just return this and spend the $$ on the Moccamaster.Date published: 2017-11-03Rated 5 out of 5 by Ryan C from Excellent I purchased this coffee maker as well as the Technivorm Moccamaster because I wanted to compare the two. I am by no means a coffee expert, but based on several comparisons, I’d say the Technivorm is very slightly better than the Motif in terms of taste and quality of the coffee brewed. However, when considering the price difference, the Motif is the better choice overall. There are also more features with the Motif such as the decalcification sensor and the pre-infusion mode. Overall, I’d say this machine would be great choice for anyone who enjoys great coffee and wants to stay in the $100-$200 price range.Date published: 2017-10-24