Modern Sprout Tumbler Grow Kit, Baby Kale & Arugula
- Free Fast Shipping
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Grow foolproof greens any time of year with a stylish indoor planter designed for blooming success, no matter what color your thumb. The self-watering greens kit is equipped with a passive hydroponic system that automatically brings water and nutrients to the plant's roots. A wonderful gift for novice gardeners, jetsetters, city dwellers and greens-loving families, all it requires is water and a home near a sunny window.
- Includes baby kale and arugula seeds for two successive plantings.
- Kit includes non-GMO herb seeds, teal-colored glass tumbler with stainless-steel lid, stainless-steel net pot, recycled glass growing medium, coco pith disk, polypro wick, plant food and instructions.
- Glass tumbler is reusable and recyclable.
- Produces baby kale and arugula greens, approx. 8"–16" high.
- Made in USA of American and imported materials.
- Dimensions & More Info
- Mason jar: 4" diam., 7" high; 26 oz. cap.; 1 lb. 5 oz.
- Includes two packets of 25+ non-GMO baby kale and arugula seeds.
- Made in USA of American and imported materials.
- Use & Care
- Wash hands and remove all contents from tumbler.
- Pour 2 1/2 cups water into tumbler. Don't overfill – water shouldn't touch pot.
- Pour coco into net pot and level surface.
- Pour one carbon pack evenly over coco.
- Insert net pot into tumbler.
- Sprinkle on seeds and push them just below surface of coco pith. (If growing mint or chamomile, don't push seeds below surface, as these need sun to germinate.)
- Coco will wick water up to seeds, and within an hour, coco should turn from light to medium brown in color. When it does, check to ensure seeds are not visible. If they are, push them gently below coco (except for mint or chamomile).
- Place tumbler near a warm and sunny window.
- Until sprouts pop, check coco pith daily to ensure it's slightly damp. If not, spray lightly with water.
- Once sprouts develop, empty water from tumbler.
- Dissolve 1/8 tsp. plant food in 2 1/2 cups water.
- Remove net pot and pour solution directly into tumbler.
- Never fill tumbler with more than 2 1/2 cups water. It can cause coco to become too moist.
- For future feedings, pour water and plant food mixture directly through net pot once reservoir gets low.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
Two part question. 1.Are you able to use tumblers for other herb seeds other than ones originally came with? 2. I would prefer the basil, but in the indigo. Can that be done?Hi byron, The grow kits come as follows: Thai Basil & Cilantro is emerald green. Baby Kale & Arugula is teal. Genovese Basil & Parsley is indigo. The tumbler can be used for other seeds as well after the growing cycle is complete with the original seeds offered.Date published: 2019-10-08