Michel Bras Santoku Knives
- Special Offer
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
World-renowned French chef Michel Bras believes cooking, like any art, requires the finest tools. Created in Japan in collaboration with Kai, the producer of Shun knives, these santokus have wide blades for greater precision, with a slight curvature for ease of movement.
- Hand assembled to exacting specifications.
- Matte-finish blade is composed of three stainless-steel layers: a hardened VG-10 core sandwiched between two layers of more flexible steel for increased durability and resistance.
- Blade is coated in titanium to enhance its antioxidation properties.
- Etched with a unique serial number and Bras's signature emblem of cistre, the delicate Alpine fennel that grows in the hills above his Aubrac restaurant.
- For quick identification, the handle is inscribed with the knife item number, signifying the blade's form and function.
- Black PakkaWood handle is designed in the traditional Japanese chestnut shape, to sit comfortably in the hand.
- Comes in a maple sheath with a magnetized interior that holds the blade snugly in place for safe drawer storage.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 6 1/4" santoku (#4): 6 1/4"-long blade; 4 3/4"-long handle; 6.5 oz.
- 8 3/4" santoku (#5): 8 3/4"-long blade; 5"-long handle; 9 oz.
- 10 1/2" santoku (#6): 10 1/2"-long blade; 5"-long handle; 10.6 oz.
- Made in Japan.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
Next Day Delivery
- Warranty Information
Learn more about Care, Sharpening, Warranty Policy and Shipping Instructions. View details
- Price Match Guarantee
Williams Sonoma Price Match Guarantee
At Williams Sonoma, we're committed to bringing you the best quality at the best prices.
If you find a lower price on any of our products, we'll match it—guaranteed. Click here for details.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Firepots from Ledgendary These knives by Michelle Bras are simply ledgedary. They are not normal: they are works of art that will fit your hand and heart perfectly. I’m a collector (and avid user) and no other blade brings out a smile to the cook quite like these do. They’re perfectly balanced, incredibly smooth slicing, gorgeous, and bulletproof. They’re also made from a very different caliber of steel than most knives you can find anywhere. These have a different elemental combination and are treated different and have a very unique sound when pinged. Don’t let the sticker price fool you: these blades are for daily use and will bring you more joy in the kitchen than you’d ever expect for a few hundred dollars.Date published: 2018-01-26