Michel Bras 8-Piece Knife Set
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Renowned French chef Michel Bras collaborated with Kai, the producer of Shun knives, to bring together the best traditions of French and Japanese cutlery. Made in Japan, these knives feature razor-sharp stainless-steel blades tightly joined to comfortable PakkaWood handles. This 8-piece set includes knives 1 to 7 in the Michel Bras series and a Michel Bras maple block.
- All knives are hand assembled to exacting specifications.
- Matte-finish blades are composed of three stainless-steel layers: a hardened VG-10 core sandwiched between two layers of more flexible steel for increased durability and resistance.
- Blades are coated in titanium to enhance their antioxidation properties.
- Each blade is etched with a unique serial number and Bras's signature emblem of cistre, the Alpine fennel that grows in the hills above his Aubrac restaurant.
- For quick identification, each handle is inscribed with the knife item number (1–7), signifying the blade's form and function.
- Black PakkaWood composite handles are designed in the traditional Japanese chestnut shape, to sit comfortably in the hand.
- Two-piece storage block is hard-grade maple with numbered slots.
8-Piece Set includes:
- 3" sheep's-foot paring knife (#1)
- 4" steak knife (#7)
- 6" utility knife (#2)
- 6 1/4", 8 3/4" and 10 1/2" santokus (#4, #5 and #6).
- 9" hollow-ground slicing knife (#3)
- 7-slot Michel Bras maple storage block
Please note: Storage block is counted as an individual piece.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 3" sheep's-foot paring knife: 3"-long blade; 4"-long handle; 2.5 oz.
- 4" steak knife: 4"-long blade; 4 1/4-long handle; 2.8 oz.
- 6" utility knife: 6"-long blade; 4 1/2"-long handle; 4.5 oz.
- 6 1/4" santoku: 6 1/4"-long blade; 4 3/4"-long handle; 6.5 oz.
- 8 3/4" santoku: 8 3/4"-long blade; 5"-long handle; 9 oz.
- 10 1/2" santoku: 10 1/2"-long blade; 5"-long handle; 10.6 oz.
- 9" hollow-ground slicing knife: 9"-long blade; 5"-long handle; 7.3 oz.
- Maple block: 12 3/4" x 11" x 9 1/2" high; 6 lb.
- Made in Japan.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
This item will be shipped directly from the manufacturer and is not eligible for rush shipping. Please allow one to two weeks for delivery.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners, and knife storage) please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.